FDS Cockpit ...

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

LloydyG

FDS Cockpit ...

Post by LloydyG »

Hello all

Eagerly started building my FDS Cockpit shell today ... struggling slightly as none of my parts are labelled but have managed to identify pieces from the diagrams ...

Completed the sides and went back to start building up the nose cone of the cockpit ... opened the second bag of bolts ... to discover that they are shorter than the ones in the bag i had just used up!

There's nothing in the PDF manual I received which syas which bolts are to be used where ... so I've started to go back and rebuild using the assumption that the shorter bolts are used to join two pieces of frame together ... the bigger ones are for when 3 or more pieces are joined together ...

Has anyone built one of these (737) cockpits ... and am I right in my assumption?

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Hi and welcome to the club :)

Yes I have built one. If I remember correctly from the instructions you should start at the front of the nose and work from there.

Your assumption that the longer bolts are required when there is more than two pieces being bolted together. The easiest thing to do is use the shorter ones whenever you can and if you find they are to short, then use the longer ones.

I had a few where I needed a longer bolt but had none left so when back and removed a long one from elsewhere that clearly was longer than required.

David

LloydyG

Post by LloydyG »

Thanks David ...

That's a relief!

Graham

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hi Graham

Also have a look at this post from a builder that has recently done this project.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/foru ... php?t=5631

Cheers and good luck
Michael

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Yes, that would be me 😎

David

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

David, yes that would be you :shock:
Sorry I didn't look hard enough.

And a great build it is too David

Cheers
Michael

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Thanks Michael, yours is pretty nice too 😃

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Took me an afternoon to complete .
Pretty much a self explaining build.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/foru ... c&start=27
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

ABQ737EXP

Post by ABQ737EXP »

The instructions could definitely be more clear. Took me 2-3 hours. Here is a video of me assembling the nose section.

https://youtu.be/YuP0HPmFgs4
Jamie C.
Albuquerque 737 Experience
On YouTube and Facebook