P3D FLASHES RED

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

HowardChristian

P3D FLASHES RED

Post by HowardChristian »

Hi All,
Has anyone else had or heard of Flightsim screen Flashing RED?

My ENTIRE P3D Screen, this even includes the Menu Bar across the top of the screen Flashes Bright RED for a Split Second. It does this extremely frequently, every minute or so. I've had this now for the last couple of weeks.

A couple of days ago my keyboard was randomly typing backwards & the windows/country kept changing. In the end I had to just reinstall a fresh windows, that fixed that issue.

I also needed to reinstall P3D because then it wouldn't run, but I still have this RED Flashing.

Any possible ideas?
Howard C.
B737-800

HowardChristian

]
UPDATE.
I just did some timing & the Red Flash is EVERY 60 Seconds.
So I wonder what could possibly be re-occurring virtually right on the knocker?
Howard C.
B737-800

HowardChristian

Problem Fixed.

I did a TOTAL Uninstall everything including the files/folders in the AppData, Application Data & everywhere else I could find any relationship to P3D.

(It's quite remarkable at the number of different locations that there are associated files).
Now all I have to do is reload FSUIPC, recalibrate etc & a few other bits.
Fortunately I didn't really have much installed & only the standard sceneries.

But this has fixed the issue. Still I wish I knew what was causing the issue though in case it happens again.
I had even tried restoring my PC to earlier times & also restored from old backups but without any success.
So I think there must have been something corrupt with a file that's installed by P3D OR perhaps it was a virus, who knows.
The trouble is, a lot of the time when you're setting up complicated installations you often don't have the Firewall on or other such protection. - I need to be a bit more careful.

HC.

Howard C.
B737-800

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

It does sound like a virus, doesn't it.

Michael

787 George

Post by 787 George »

I'm thinking what Michael is thinking, Virus...especially the typing backwards part. But that's just an educated guess.

Glad you seem to have it back under control!

George

HowardChristian

thanks guys.
Howard C.
B737-800