ANS + Wideview

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

efpg0708

ANS + Wideview

Post by efpg0708 »

Hello guys.

Considering that Wideview is currently unable to sync weather from Active Sky 2016 across diferent pc's, has anyone tried to run a separate copy of ASN in each computer and have each copy inject weather into itss own FSX/P3D ? Considering that the source for weather depiction will be the same, are the results similar in each computer ? I now that FS Global Weather has the capacity to be used with Wideview, but I find ASN stunning.

Eduardo

melnato

Post by melnato »

has anyone tried to run a separate copy of ASN in each computer and have each copy inject weather into itss own FSX/P3D
Haven't tried that personally, BUT I highly doubt it will work or maintain synchronization.

Nat

omera60

Post by omera60 »

Plus even if it works it will be a enormous load on sim connect and thus the sim itself

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

Hi guys, thanks for your answers.

I understand. I sent a message to Luciano (from WIndeview) asking about AS, and here's what he answered me back:
Hi Eduardo,

Yes, WV synchronizes the weather generated by AS, but only the raw METAR, not the textures of the clouds that could be altered once you choose a weather theme in AS. For proper synchronization, AS needs to be installed on server only. In the manual of WV you will find additional very important things to know about weather synchronization.

Best Regards,
Luciano
So, from what I understood, Wideview will sinchronize the clouds positions but the textures and types may differ across the screens ?

Thanks

Eduardo

melnato

Post by melnato »

Wideview will sinchronize the clouds positions but the textures and types may differ across the screens ?
Yes. Wideview may be able to position the clouds, but the shape and orientation probably wont match which means they wont blend across the screens.

Nat

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

Hi Nat, thanks for your answer.

So what weather software would be the best one to use with wideview ?

Thanks

Eduardo

melnato

Post by melnato »

For Real WX, FSGRW has best cloud synchronization

http://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Default.aspx

Nat

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

melnato wrote:For Real WX, FSGRW has best cloud synchronization

http://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Default.aspx

Nat
Thanks !

N737AG

Post by N737AG »

I use FSGRW and I love it.

It synchronizes perfectly over the 3 screens. It is a pretty simple program, totally easy to use. Plus it does not chew up your PC's or FSX's resources.

Axel
Axel Grau
Project : Boeing 737-800

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

That's very good to hear ! Will sure give it a try.

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

N737AG wrote:I use FSGRW and I love it.

It synchronizes perfectly over the 3 screens. It is a pretty simple program, totally easy to use. Plus it does not chew up your PC's or FSX's resources.

Axel
Hi guys ... A small question about this software ...

What's the best way to run it across a 3 pc setup

Install it on a server (avionics pc for example) and have it inject weather into one FSX and have wideview synch it across the other two

or

Since it can be setup in a network with up to 6 pcs, have it inject weather on all 3 fsx

Also, how does the Sim-Avionics WX radar behaves with this software ?

Thanks

Eduardo