JetMax Throttle Synch? (Resolved)

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Tankleader

JetMax Throttle Synch? (Resolved)

Post by Tankleader »

Hello All,

I have both throttles operating but would like to know how to synchronize them in FSUIPC.

Thanks

Andreas Elesky

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

What do you mean by "sync", calibrating or having them work together (which would defeat the purpose of having independent levers !)

Jack
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Tankleader

Post by Tankleader »

jackpilot wrote:What do you mean by "sync", calibrating or having them work together (which would defeat the purpose of having independent levers !)

Jack
Reading through the various options in FSUIPC, I thought your could synchronize them at a certain point. Just a question based on what I've read.

Thanks
Andy Elesky

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

I have never synced mine, they are pretty well EQUAL once you calibrate them. I have not had any trouble with throttles causing any asymmetric problems.

What would sync actually do?

Cheers
Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

Mascot

Post by Mascot »

Hi all,

I had the issue that my 777 TQ would put out a slightly higher value on the RH Throttle in low EPR settings. It would eventually match up in mid range but it was noticeable that the Aircraft had a tendency to yaw left when taxiing with both throttles slightly out of idle.
To get rid of this, that's what I did:

-Calibrate the Throttle axes independently in the Gamecontroller settings in Windows (that ensures the Throttles make full use of the pot travel)
-Assign the axis within FSUIPC
-Calibrate the axes in FSUIPC independently.
-Then use the sync button on the throttle tab of the axis calibration section (in the lower middle of the screen).
Just hit the sync button when in idle and then push both Throttles equally up lets say a 1/4 inch, hit the sync button again, move up another 1/4 inch, hit again and so on until you reach the max Thrust setting.
This will generate a curve in one of the Throttle axis (I believe its the RH one) to Match the LH.

Since then everything is in sync and the TQ Split in lower EPR ranges is gone.

Hope this helps.
Simon Schneider
JetMax 777 SKTQ
Sim Avionics 777