MIP widht

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Stein Aasheim

MIP widht

Post by Stein Aasheim »

Can someone that has the latest MIP from FDS kindly give me the total widht measurment ? I can not find this measurment any place.
I have to make an temporary MIP and will later this year order the glareshield to put on top of this MIP.

Regard
Stein Aasheim

dreambird

MIP/ width

Post by dreambird »

Hi, just got mine a few weeks ago. O/D from side to side it's 60 inches.
If you permit, my honest suggestion would be to buy the MIP panel directly at FDS. The extra moneys spent will save you a lot of time and worries. And when the time comes for you to install the glare shield, which is a hell of a nice piece of equipment, it'll fit like a glove. Masterpiece!

Dreambird
B737-PRO-MX-DSTD 2.0

Stein Aasheim

Post by Stein Aasheim »

Thanks for the information "dreambird" .60 inch - 1524 mm.it is.

Unfortunately, I have to make some priorities before I have the money to buy the MIP. Most of the parts to the MIP I have already and I decided to buy "glareshield" before I can buy the MIP. The best had obviously been to buy the whole package "FDS-B737NG-MIP/MAIN-2.0-Bundle" but I have to buy this peace by peace.It is not just a "pickup" for me since I don't live in Canada so there are some shipping cost and 25% VAT that come as an extra cost for me.
I have already some parts from FDS and will continue with FDS parts since there is a lot of problem with mixing different brands for an homecockpit builder.And FDS is the company "in my opinion" that have most realistic parts,and the most important part of it.Good service.

Regard
Stein Aasheim