CHANGE B737 MODEL

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

MDPB

CHANGE B737 MODEL

Post by MDPB »

I have nearly finished my Jetmax B737 and am thinking about the software model that comes with Sim-Avionics. Is it possible to change it from the 800 to the 700?

Sorry if this has already been asked, couldn't find an answer using the search function.
Mike B

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Sorry, you must use the supplied B737.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

MDPB

Post by MDPB »

So, it's this or go the PMDG route. Thanks.
Mike B

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

PMDG is not the same as the Networked Avionic Suites.

You need to run PMDG all on a a single PC, undock displays and learn how to connect switches and LED's to the SYS card. All this and hope your PC can handle all this.

Or for the sake of 2 Emergency Exits and a few thousand pounds of thrust you run the Sim-A 800 flight model that is tuned to the software.

I'd go for the Networked version of Avionics software.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Choice is a no brainer with the JetMax :stick to SimA with the appropriate flightmodel or spend the next 6+months cursing and pulling your hair.

I used the 700 for years and switched to the 800 for the simple reason that mixing products is always a source of trouble.

IMHO
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

All about Tuning the Avionics. When things are as complex as what we are all trying to do you cannot take "Any" flight model and expect it to align to a package that was developed using a specific flight model/aircraft.
Pretend your airline just brought the -800 in my friend. It is a simulation after all!!!
Peter