SA Not Responding (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

pilotito84

Re: SA Not Responding

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Alex,

I did a re-install and update to 1.966. I also ran the scan with nothing wrong. Everything worked for a little bit longer, but still same problem. The only difference is that it does not crash as often but still does. After I check the maintenance page still shows the same issue/error. Any other ideas?

Francisco

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hi Francisco,

Well, I still think that this is not a Sim-A problem but I strongly recommend you to install v1.96 (2 decimals = released version, stable performance) instead of v1.966 (3 decimals = beta version, could be tricky still)

confirm: only EICAS crashing all the time... not ever any other Sim-A app?
  • Firewall blocking some access thru network? - deactivate it temporarily on all PCs and testfly!
  • GPU drivers up to date? - Might end up in KERNELBASE.dll errors as well in some cases
I need a detailed description of your setup (specs of PCs, which programs run on which PC, GPUs, number of monitors,...) then I can think a little deeper into probable hardware issues.

For example my system:
  • Simulator PC:
    WIN10 pro, 6-core Intel CPU , no HT, 32GB RAM 2 x nVidia 1080AMP-extreme in SLI driving 3 projectors, m.2 SSD for Win, 1TB SSD for P3d
    Software: P3d, Active Sky weather, FlyElise immersive display pro warping software for the projectors
  • Avionics Server:
    Win10 pro, 4-core Intel CPU, no HT, 16GB RAM 1 x nVidia Titan-X , 256GB SSD for Win, 256 GB SSD for Sim-A
    Apps: Server, SYSboard interface, Sound, Overhead, MCP, EICAS, Dispatcher Console
  • Avionics slaves:
    4 x noname refurbished desktop PCs, Win10 home, 8GB RAM, internal Intel Graphics, 256 GB SSD in 2 partitions (C=WIN / D=Sim-A) for all Cockpit Displays

Almost everything is DIY-made, the flight deck´s still a big construction site. I had lots to learn, started from amost zero-knowledge. And in my opinion most problems came from Network and Windows issues. There was a time when Windows Firewall rules changed quite often and the network was blocked after Windows (automatic-) updates. After disabling www-access and firewall within the network the system runs fully stable with not a single issue ever since! This Sim-network is done via a managed LAN switch.
P3d PC and Avionics Master PC have www access via seperated wifi modules to my home-network for weather and Sim-A updates with Firewall and Antivirus.

Don´t give up, I´m pretty sure it´s just a "little" problem... it only has to be found :wink:

Good luck, keep me updated!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Alex,

I followed your guidance, and installed v1.96. I made sure that firewall was OFF completely and verify the GPU up to date drivers. Gave that a test and still crashed with the same error in the maintenance page. I do confirm that only the upper EICAS is that one crashing. Sometimes the lower EICAS crashes as well, but 90% of the time is the upper EICAS that freezes and stops responding. Note: On my last test flight only the upper EICAS failed.

As far as my setup goes, this is what I currently have:
-Server PC: Win. 10 pro, Intel i7-7700k kaby lake quad-core 4.8Ghz, 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory, ASUS GeForce GTX1060 6GB GPU driving 1 65" 1080p TV, AORUS GA-Z270x gaming MOBO, Corsair H100 cooler, Samsung 860EVO SSD 1TB, 750w power supply. Software: P3Dv4.5, Active Sky, and SA sound for outside sounds.

-Avionics PC: Win. 10 pro, i5 3570k ivy bridge quad-core 3.8Ghz, 12GB 2400MHz DDR3 memory, 3x Nvidia GeForce GT610 1GB cards driving 5 monitors (JETMAX MIP + 1 Instructor Station Monitor), Gigabyte GA-Z77x-D3H mobo, Coolmaster CPU cooler, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, 700w Power supply. Software: Sim-Avionics Jetmax 1.96 apps: Server, SYSBoard, Sound, OH, MCP, EICAS, CPT PFD/ND, MFD, CDU, 1 COM, 1 XPDR, v-pilot, TOPCAT.

I have both computers networked together via an ethernet switch with dedicated IP addresses.

I hope this helps, and thank you again for taking the time to help me since I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to PC's, lol.

Francisco

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hi again Francisco,

your PCs are pretty fine equipped, shouldn´t be stressy for them to handle it.
There must be something else in the system that blocks your joy... I´m using v1.96 as well (like many others) with no trouble even in long haul flights of 10 hours or more...(777)

Just another question comes to my mind right now: what Aircraft are you using? Sim-Avionics or any other adapted one?
Notice: Also check for the latest Aircraft download if you use Sim-Avionics A/C type! (B777 is also v1.96 as download, just to mention) - And when installed don´t forget to perform Autopilot+Recalls reload in the server
Maybe that´s the trick???

And about myself: I´m really absolutely not a professional about PCs... I can manage lots of things, I build my own PCs, and I had to go thru lots of troubles before I came to success finally. And I´m sure there are people out there with lots more knowledge than me who need to jump in if your freezes won´t disappear, because I don´t think I can guide you any further than that - which was my experience...

Check about your Aircraft and report!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Francisco

You call your first PC "Server PC" and your second PC "Avionics PC"
are you trying to run Sim Avionics server app on both PC's?

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

GFX cards on the Avionics PC should be 2 Gig GFX cards for maximum performance. 1 Gig may not be enough.

You could delete the Display and Config ini files in the EICAS folder and reload the EICAS software. It will create new ini files. Setup as per the green screen. CA, EICAS, ISIS and RMI.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Michael,

No, I run the avionics components from the Jetmax installer in the Avionics-PC, and the Flightsim components on my Server-PC, as per the installation instructions.

Francisco

Rigilkent

Post by Rigilkent »

I think you'd get better overall performance and stability if you ran the sim-a server from th e avionics PC and not the flightsim (p3d) Pc.
All you really need in the flight sim PC is the sound module to run the bass sounds.
Andrea
Jetmax 777
FDS-MX-OH -- MCP-MX

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Steve,

Thank you for joining in and help me out. I tried what you suggested and still had the same issue. Although it didn't fail as often, I was able to get the EICAS running for approximately 20 mins before it crashed.

Francisco

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Andrea,

I do run the server from the avionics pc. The only thing running on the flightsim computer is the sound module. I did install the flightsim components from the jetmax installer file. Everything else is ran by the avionics pc, PDF/ND, EICAS, MFD, Autopilot, Radios, Xpdr, etc.

Francisco

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Francisco

20 minutes is about the time out for Sim Avionics Demo
Check that you have activated your Sim Avionics Suite.

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

pilotito84 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm
Hello Michael,

No, I run the avionics components from the Jetmax installer in the Avionics-PC, and the Flightsim components on my Server-PC, as per the installation instructions.

Francisco
Sorry Francisco I'm not sure what you mean, I was asking if your were trying to run "Sim Avionics SERVER" on both of your pc's.

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Michael,

Sorry for the confusion. To answer the question, I do run the Sim-avionics server only on my avionics computer.

What I was trying to explain on my last response is that when you run the installer for the jetmax, unlike the main installer for sim-avionics, we get two options for selection: One is the Avionics components (to be installed on the avionics pc) which installs the server, io cards interface, and the displays. And this creates a Jetmax icon on your desktop, that allows us to open everything needed to run the sim from a single desktop app.

The other option is the Flightsim Components (to be installed on your sim pc) which installs the throttle setup file, and installs the sim-avionics aircraft to your sim. This creates an icon on your desktop, that allows you to re-configure or re-program your throttle, and re-install SA-aircraft to your sim.

As for the time being 20 mins for the DEMO mode. This is different, because only the EICAS stops working, everything else keeps running as normal. But just to answer: yes my server is activated and not in the demo mode.

Francisco

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

Hi again Francisco,

did you see Steve´s post a little earlier? (copied below)

Those seem to be very important facts to cling to!!!
I never thought about that as my "weakest" GFX card has 4GB and I never asked myself about any GFX limits because I´m running my Sim @65-80 FPS average on 3 projectors, even in worst MET-conditions :?
by Jetcos » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:13 pm

GFX cards on the Avionics PC should be 2 Gig GFX cards for maximum performance. 1 Gig may not be enough.

You could delete the Display and Config ini files in the EICAS folder and reload the EICAS software. It will create new ini files. Setup as per the green screen. CA, EICAS, ISIS and RMI.
Keep your head up, you´ll get it!
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Hello Again Alex,

I saw it, and never had an issue running this setup before, nevertheless based on his suggestion, I did a little trial and error experiment, and moved around my monitor connections. And surprisingly I believe he is right on the spot. So NOW with the new monitor connections it was my CPT PFD that started stuttering and finally giving up and giving me the exact same failure the EICAS has given me before. So I do believe he is right and that the GPU's are just running out of memory. Now, my only question is, what GPU's would be a good option to upgrade to with VGA connections for my displays??

Francisco