Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Interface sys1 to work in PM systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tadream

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Getting Interface sys1 to work in PM systems Reply with quote

Hi everyone, we could do with a bit of help. We have installed interface IT with a sys1 card. However, we cannot get the Interface IT to appear in the PM systems menu. Whatever we try, PM systems does not appear to know that the InterfaceIT program and hardware is there. Would be really grateful for any help.
Thanks,
Mike.
brissydave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! Very Happy
have you done the changes to the pm sys config?

[InterfaceIT]
InterfaceITEnabled=on

and clicked the io hardware active button in the on screen menu? also might aswell click on development mode.

go into windows mode in fs and check that all your pc's are connected to wideview...... in the top blue title bar that will say someting like "wideview etc etc : 4 connected....four being the number of pcs one might theoretically have.

all firewalls and antivirus stuff stowed away? (i personally have none on the entire network)

and ya obviously have fsuipc and wideview and pm preferably on its own pc and blah blah blah?

my view is that the interfaceit menu in the onscreen pm sys menu is not a link to anything at all....unless someone else knows more than me. an interfaceit menu is not really needed anyway i dont think as the tekworx software does it all.

and always remember the golden rule: generally pmsys will read the state of msfs on startup, but as msfs does not provide enough state information, unless you start with a cold and dark cockpit, certain indications on the systems panel may appear to be abnormal given the current status in msfs

the pm sys setup pdf has most of the info...and im far from being an expert.
SWeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

I'm not 100% clear what you're trying to accomplish. Please shoot me an email with more details and I'll do my best to respond. If you're having trouble describing, send across your phone number and I'll be glad to give you a call and help you through it. Cheers, Steve

steve@boeing737.ca
vidarf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike experience the same thing as I do: In the PMSystems menu, I can't access the interfaceIT sub-menu. And I have edited the INI file.

It doesn't seem to be necessary to access that menu - but then again I don't know, since I haven't seen it yet...
But the InterfaceIT software allows me to do what I want anyway.

Any solution to this would be good - if it could be useful to be able to access that menu.
tadream

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses, guys. Work is keeping me away from the simulator until tomorrow night but once I am there I will try to explore the menu in pm systems and be a bit more concise as to what we are doing. As I am remote from it at the moment, I can't get the screens up in front of me. Talk soon and thanks again for coming back on this.
Best wishes to all.
Mike White
tadream

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again everyone. We didnt realise that we had to change the interface enabled to = on in the config file.That was a good tip Dave. Its working well now. What threw us as well was that the interface menu link in PM systems doesnt do anything so thanks for confirming that Vidarf.

Thanks for the offer Steve of phoning. Very kind. If you have a Skype phone might take you up on that if we need to without breaking the bank.

Guess we have hours ahead of configuring of various switches and learning how to do it and hope you all dont mind if we ask for help from time to time.

Best wishes to you all
Mike
SWeker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have Skype, so let me know.....
Viper

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you can enable it on the demo version I have tried but if your lucky enough to have bought it well all i can say is god i'm jealous Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: