Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

InterfaceIT SW Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphajetsim

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: InterfaceIT SW Question Reply with quote

While playing around programming some switches using InterfaceIT, I wanted to see what was available for downloading. I already knew it was primarily 737 or 747 lights & switch configurations, but it looks like the configuration files (XML files) are all setup of Project Magenta.

Am I correct in that assessment?

- Ron
SWeker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ron,

Most common Project Magenta (glass cockpit / pm systems) offsets are configured, as well, key FSUIPC (direct to FS9 & FSX) offsets. There are also some other 'internal' variables that allow InterfaceIT to control aspects of your cockpit. Hopefully I answered your question. Steve
bwr014

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the offsets for the AST A320 software is available.

If you need any help with that drop me a line and i could show you some examples.

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
alphajetsim

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, well, you sort of answered it, but I didn't phrase my question well enough.

I noticed that when I import a preconfigured switch into InterfaceIT, the imported switch function is for something in Project Magenta, not for the FDS-SYS hardware. I imported several engine start sequence switches and each of them were for controlling Project Magenta hardware.

I've been creating my own switch configurations by assigning the various off-sets/functions to each switch (since my simulator is a light attack fighter, not a commercial airliner). See my weblink below.

Sometimes it's tough to identify which off-set does what. For example engine start offset versus engine ignition offset. Anyway, I was going to see if I could import the 737 engine start switches but they all seemed to control project magenta hardware, not FDS-SYS hardware.
bwr014

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you mean with FDS hardware Question

I assum you maybe want to controle some items direct into FS without the use of PM...

The Interface IT is possible to use for many options but it needs software to tricker things if it is AST/PM/FS/ect ect..

Maybe possible to be more precise what you want to tricker and help could be given more easy Smile

gr.

Frans M
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

I have to agree with Frans here Alpha.
You are seeing alot of XMLs that can be imported that are designed to talk to PM Systems. This is the software of choice at the moment and naturally the guys are creating these.
IF you have some other applications that you are trying to work with you need to go one step deeper and create the XMLs that you require.
ITs not a hardware issue at all. 100% software.
The SYS cards can communicate in numerous ways.. One of them is likely ideal for your application. First you need to have "Something" to talk to...
IF its Direct to FS then you can use Key commands, FSUIPC etc..
As automated as we can get the SYS cards.. someone still has to take the first step on the software of choice..
Not sure anyone here understands what software you are trying to work with.. Thats the first step in getting started I think.
PC
alphajetsim

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry for not being very clear. I'm using InterfaceIT software to program the switches and lights of the FDS-SYS hardware, which will in turn interpret switches actuated in the cockpit into commands for FS9.

Switch <ON> ----> FDS-SYS ---> FSUIPC ----> FS9

Light <ON> <---- FDS-SYS <---- FSUIPC <---- FS9

When I turn on the master battery switch in the cockpit, the master battery is turned on in FS9. <Toggle bit = 1>

But when I turn the swtich off from the cockpit, FS9 doesn't register the switch movement. (Toggle bit = 0). But if I turn it back on, then off again, it will register and the master battery will be off in FS9.

Is Toggle bit = 0 the correct solution, or should I set action to Clear Bit = 0?
vidarf

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try it! Smile
I would think that toggle bit is not a good solution here, because it depends on what the bit is when the action is triggered. If you want the bit to be set to 0 when you toggle the switch to off, then use clear bit or set bit=0.
This is a good rule to follow: "When able to set the specific value you want, do so. The compiuter may disagree with you and give you a different number if it is allowed to choose."
That's taken from one of my classes in algorithm and data structures (very boring subject, I thought).
bwr014

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha,

What does the documention say of FSUIPC that you have downloaded?

You have a idea how this is setup?

Not at a spot right now to see the docs but it is not always a bit change like 1=0..

Have to see this later on for you Smile

If it works in FS it will also work with the system boards when it is a basic FSUIPC offset.

gr.

Frans M
alphajetsim

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSUIPC documentation is pretty detailed and talks about setting offset bits different values, depending on the function being discussed. When it starts talking about "longword" or "ntword" and such, it's beyond my programming skills. Embarassed

I understand the binary of 1=on and 0=off, etc. Unfortunately there are no detailed description of the FS offsets so it's kind of a trial and error approach to see if I'm using the correct offset. Smile

My current dilema is determining the best method to program a single toggle switch using the InterfaceIT software. I'd post screenshots of exactly what it is I'm speaking of if I could. Suffice to say, I'll find it soon enough since there are only a limited number of combination to try. Very Happy
bwr014

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look into the InterfaceIT software and you assign a new switch to a FSUIPC offset for instance you get on the right side a couple of options to fill in compair to the info you have.

If it say in the docs it is a longword then you can also choose this options in the dropdownlist of the software. Not really need program skills for that.

Master battery :
offset : 281C
bit :4
value : Master battery switch (1=On, 0=Off)

This would have to work give it a try Smile

gr.

Frans M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: