Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS InterfaceIT software vs. PMSystems native interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippey

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: FDS InterfaceIT software vs. PMSystems native interface Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has tried both ways and prefers one way or the other. I originally the overhead panel with a sys1 card configured through the FDS software, and it was extremely easy. But I have just started to experiment with using the PMSystems native interface to see if there is any difference, and thought that cutting an extra program out of the loop couldn't hurt. The pmsystems way is more time consuming because you can't just download the xmls, and it seems less flexible in terms of having switches with multiple functions, creating internal variables etc. Has anyone seen any advantages using the native interface...ie faster response times etc? It seems to me that the FDS software is far more flexible and user friendly.
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fussed around with the PM native interface while writing some documentation for the SYS cards and would agree with your assessment. Steve did extensive work with the native interface prior to the availability of the SYS card and I'll let him jump in with more definitive comments.

Jon
SWeker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rippey,
You pretty much nailed it on the head. InterfaceIT is WAY easier to use, and certainly gives you tons of flexibility. While I've only tried a handful of offsets through the native PM Systems config file, I truly didn't notice any difference. That is, except for the obvious things like not being able to 'locate input / output' or easily assign actions directly within PM Systems.

In fact, I am now running a SYS1 and SYS3 from InterfaceIT, and have been truly amazed how both boards appear to work as one seamlessly. For example, when I flick the 'Lamp Test' switch, both boards simultaneously illuminate all LED's......guess its the little things that amaze me! Wink
PaulWood

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Native PM Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to use native PM interface with 2 SYS cards?

I am currently experimenting with a SYS 3 and SYS 1 but PMsystems only sees 1 card?

ps I m in contact with PM, but waiting a reply

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net
PaulWood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much head scratching and post reading, I finally figured out how to connect my overhead.

First - all the XML files available are for Boeing models, and I needed some that weren't there - then I tried to add outputs via pmsystems, but the variables were not there - thats when I tried native interface - but only half the panels worked.

So a couple of things I learned - make sure you update the sysvar file in InterfaceIT with the latest version, or you can edit it and add variables and offsets yourself to make them available in the dropdown list.

Exporting a conguration will produce your own XML file, in my case ERJ etc.

Seems obvious when you know, but it was not obvious to me initially, and I could not find reference to get me going.

I hope this helps anyone else who is also learning.

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: