Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

InterfaceIT keypress abilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yagni01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: InterfaceIT keypress abilities Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting a SYS board for an Orbiter project http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk and was wondering what keypress capabilities the software had (since the keyboard figures prominently). Will it allow chords (ctrl-alt-something) and macros?

Thanks.
bwr014

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send keystrokes to the sysboard and that could be a combination with CTRL+.. or a combination in that.

Not sure what you mean with Macro's

It is based on XML files...

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
yagni01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwr014 wrote:

As in a series of keypresses to perform an action. As an example, you might want to open a dialog box, select the third item, then close the dialog with one switch action:
<alt-F1><down><down><enter><esc>

Thanks.
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean but i think that it is not very comman that we have in our cockpit any dialog boxes pop up...

This sounds more like that you going to use or "desktop software" or menu items that come staight from FS itself.

The interface boards are basic to be used to driven hardware for switches and leds.. not to controle dialog boxes with one press.

For this you could maybe better use something like our MFP where you can assign certain keys to functions in FS itself. Even if i don't think you can as well there assign one button to a whole bunch of keystrokes after each other...

Maybe you could give a example what it suppose to do?

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
vidarf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yagni01 wrote:
bwr014 wrote:

As in a series of keypresses to perform an action. As an example, you might want to open a dialog box, select the third item, then close the dialog with one switch action:
<alt-F1><down><down><enter><esc>

Thanks.

Sounds to me like you need to check out a keyboard encoder for that. (Hagstrom has a very good one)

Another thing you could do - if you have the knowledge (or access to it) - is to write "FSUIPC for Orbiter". That way, you could use InterfaceIT without any problems. Smile And I would love you for that, since I like to fuzz around with Orbiter from time to time...

That would actually be pretty cool. "Next from FDS: Space Shuttle panels". Cool
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Checking Reply with quote

I am checking with Brent on this so hang tight. I am not too familiar with this option and would like his comments.
PC
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Key presses Reply with quote

Brent (SYS Developer) replies:

"On a switch action (on / down or off /up) you can send keystrokes to the current window or a specific window. When sending keystrokes you can have it do any combination of keystrokes you want. There is a record feature that will let you physically type on your keyboard what you want it to do when the switch event occurs and it will simulate it. The application will think that you physically type it."
yagni01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC/Brent - Thanks! That was the answer I was hoping for!
vidarf wrote:
Sounds to me like you need to check out a keyboard encoder for that. (Hagstrom has a very good one)

I did consider the Hagstrom unit, but this product may give me a 'single-source' solution, as flexible as it appears to be.
vidarf wrote:
Another thing you could do - if you have the knowledge (or access to it) - is to write "FSUIPC for Orbiter". That way, you could use InterfaceIT without any problems. Smile And I would love you for that, since I like to fuzz around with Orbiter from time to time...

Someone is working on one (OUIPC), but it doesn't work the same way as FSUIPC. I'll be looking for ways to program against InterfaceIT to accomplish that mission. Smile Or try to write a new one that uses the FSUIPC technique.

vidarf wrote:
That would actually be pretty cool. "Next from FDS: Space Shuttle panels". Cool

Don't tease me. I'll take two. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: