Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ground wiring LED problems - Physical circuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpratt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Ground wiring LED problems - Physical circuit Reply with quote

I think I am wiring my LED circuit correctly but when I test a specific LED on the Interface software all of the LED's wired into that circuit come on.

I have wired and soldered 8 anodes (+) (long leg) with their own single wires back to the 8 wires on the sys board.

I have then wired the cathode (-) (short leg) from the first led to the second one and the second one to the third one and so on until the 8th LED is wired back to the Ground wire in the same block on the board.

The method I have used to join the ground wires (daisy chain) is to solder the first wire to the first LED. Then, the wire arriving at the 2nd LED is solddered to the third wire leaving the LED and both these wires together are soldered to the -ve leg of the 2nd LED, and so on.

Am I doing this right. If I am I'm not sure why all of the LED's in the circuit light up when I am only creating a connection for one of them.

I have checked that no other wires are touching the circuit where they shouldn't be.

Any help or picture, would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary
www.speedbirdone.com
SWeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your LEDs individually with a watch battery. I've unfortunately come across a setof LEDs where the long lead is actually negative! Frustrating, but that may be your problem.
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Please Check Reply with quote

ALSO...
Check that you do not have the TEST LED function on.. If you do.. They will all light up. Constant ON.. Versus you "IDENTIFYING" and one flashing.
IF you are wired correctly and the TEST LED function is of I would concur with SteveW.
PC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: