Sean Moraghan TripleHead2Go - Three Projector Setup

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

melnato

Post by melnato »

Removed by self

Steve_TO

Post by Steve_TO »

I called Matrox today in Montreal and spoke to a rep who confirmed for me the BFG 7950 GT OC is compatibele with TH2GO. He explained that the 7950 had problems with the drivers and therfore took this long to sort out and that he also uses the 7950 with TH2GO and it works fine. It will be added to the compatibility list soon.
As to using two TH2GO with two seperate video card's it does work but was told this unofficially. It would have to be one device per card and is not compatible with SLI, which seems to be giving them a lot of problems.
There will be a digital version of TH2GO released in the future but the rep could not give me any idea when this would be. So there you have it folks staright from the manufacturers.
Sean you may want to check to see if there are any updated drivers so that you would be able to use the 7950. Hope this helps!

747-400PILOT

Post by 747-400PILOT »

Thanks Steve ,

This is great news.

I had emailed Matrox in Montreal , but had no reply as yet.
I will definately look for updated drivers & give it a go.

Sean

ran56

Post by ran56 »

Last week I installed T2G on a friends 744 cockpit (3 LCD mon).
The video card he has is Asus GF6800U.
The frame hit with dens scenery and weather is big but tolerable.
The frames went down from 40 (two 3d mons before T2G) to 12-17fps on ground with three 3D mons.
The 3 view are, angled left, Center and angled right.
In the air with heavy coverage of 3D clouds, frames went up to the 30's.

I don't think that the 7950GT can handle 3 views of 3D.

Ran.
Ran Finkels
B763 Builder and some more
======================

Steve_TO

Post by Steve_TO »

This is a link to a fellow FDS builder who has tested out the TH2GO visuals as well. I think it's worth a look!

http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737pr ... esting.htm

pcos
Site Admin

Wow....

Post by pcos »

After 64 responses/posts and over 6592 page views.. It almost pains me to take the banner down from our front page!
Sean.... Motivation for a big updae is back to you..
Thank you for likely the biggest post on this forum. Visuals are obviously a huge issue within our group and you really got the gang thinking and planning.. Thank you!
PC

747-400PILOT

Post by 747-400PILOT »

Thank you Peter.

Thanks for posting my sim.
I will be extra busy over the next 3 weeks planning & setting things up for my engagement party .
I promise that once that is out of the way , work will be full steam ahead with a big update.
With all the gangs insight & tips , this has really helped me out & enhanced my sim significanlty .

Thank you all. :D :D :D :D

Sean

melnato

New TH2GO

Post by melnato »

Guys,

Matrox has released an new Digital version of the TH2GO.

It also now has in built support for image alignment on monitors...maybe
it will also help those with projectors???

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/p ... l/home.php

Regards,

Nat

747-400PILOT

Post by 747-400PILOT »

Excellant ,

1 new Digital version of the TH2GO will be on my list of presents.

Sean

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Pretty sure some of you will laugh at me but what is a digital monitor versus analog? Does a projector qualifiy as digital ?
Bit mixed up here.... :roll: :?: :arrow: :idea:
By the way, the function allowing to hide the section of the image behind the monitor frame is great!!
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

mauriceb

Post by mauriceb »

jackpilot wrote:Pretty sure some of you will laugh at me but what is a digital monitor versus analog? Does a projector qualifiy as digital ?

Jack,
Some LCD monitors are able to use either inputs, analog or digital. The analog input is the type you are used to and the connector is a standard VGA connector from your PC. If the video card supports it, it may have a digital output as well and this requires a different type of cable. (I assume you know the difference between an analog signal and a digital signal)

I don't know what projectors support digital inputs. I imagine some support both types. A digital input should result in a sharper image (in theory), but I doubt you would notice much difference with any good projector (or monitor). This is just my opinion based on what I have seen.

Maurice

ek112

Post by ek112 »

hey I am all new here forgive me if I am asking a stupid question.

Can you have 5 projectors and have the left and right view as well as to have a 180 degree view.

Please let me know thank you
Regards
Dineth

747-400PILOT

Post by 747-400PILOT »

Hi Dineth ,

You certainly can.
You would get Left , Left Fwd , Centre , Righ Fwd , Right.
I expect the result would give me more than 180 degree view.
The result would be awsum, but expensive.
There are cheaper options out there but I dont fell as though they would give the same effect.
Some people would say they cant see any point in 5 projectors , sometimes I cant either , but someone has to give it a try .

Sean

Steve_TO

Post by Steve_TO »

Hi sean. Did you ever get the 7950 GT to work with the Th2GO? I noticed that it is on the compatibility list now. I am seriously thinking of going with it because of the blue borders when undocking windows. Just wanted to check with you first. Thanks

gpratt

Actual Projector setup

Post by gpratt »

Some fantastic work here guys. Looking to move from my current outside display of 3x19" monitors to 3 projectors with screens to get some side window views. (This is getting serious I'm moving house to create more room!!!!)
How far away from the screens do you place the projectors. Where do you place them on the roof of the fuselage or below the cockpit windows? Some pics of builders setups would be superb.

Thanks
Gary
www.speedbirdone.com