Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

light test switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivar Hestnes wrote:

But if there was a movement I would really like to have, it would be the braking effect when landing. That you could really feel Smile

....that and take-off thrust.

Actually...this seems to be a very easy to achieve objective mechanically, since the entire sim would just rest on a single pivot point.

I cant wait to get the base of my sim built and the buttkicker installed on it.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
mauriceb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin wrote:

Actually...this seems to be a very easy to achieve objective mechanically, since the entire sim would just rest on a single pivot point.

Not that easy either since you would also need to move the screen(s) and the projector(s) as well unless you were lucky enough to have collimated displays that move with the whole shell. I don't think looking at the rafters or the floor would be very realistic even if you felt the braking or acceleration Smile

Maurice
Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maury- Of course we'd have to attach the screen(s). Im just saying the mechanical part for small fwd/rwd movement would be much easier than all the movement of a mulitple direction system.

I agree, the rafters and floor wouldnt be too cool to see! Smile

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
mauriceb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin wrote:
Maury- Of course we'd have to attach the screen(s). Im just saying the mechanical part for small fwd/rwd movement would be much easier than all the movement of a mulitple direction system.

I agree, the rafters and floor wouldnt be too cool to see! Smile

I understood what you meant, and even if the mechanical movement is limited and probably easily achievable, you can't underestimate the difficulty of attaching the projectors & the screens (especially with multi projector systems) so that they all move as well.

Unless you are one of the lucky ones with lots of available space, that is not something you can ignore when you compute the 'difficulty factor' Smile.

Maurice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: