Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

InterfaceIT LED Logic Snag (A320)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A320East

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: InterfaceIT LED Logic Snag (A320) Reply with quote

After days of wiring I'm finally starting to light up the overhead and program all the switches and LED's. For the most part it is going along very easily for the switch part of things but I have run into a snag on certain groups of LED's.

The K2 switching works fine - that is - if looking at the overhead graphic on my PM Systems LCD the switch in question changes state as commanded by my hardware. The problem is the associated "OFF" LED's for Fuel pumps, Hydraulic pumps, and several other switches. A lot of the Airbus logic is geared so that if certain switches are "On" the indicator is not (dark cockpit concept). If a particular switch is "Off" the LED lights up to say "Off" to warn of that switches status. What is happening is that when I switch a fuel pump (for example) "on" the indicator lights up but it is actually an "Off" indicator so the logic is backwards... I need the LED's to light for these functions when the switch is "OFF" not "On".

There are some systems on the overhead like Anti Ice that have LED's that light up when the system is turned on and these all work fine. The fuel and hydraulic pump indicators are however opposite to this as laid out above and that's where my problem lies.

I hope I've explained this in a way that makes sense - I may be missing something simple but I've tried both the "update PM Systems" menu items as well as manually programming the LED via the "update FSUIPC" option and I can't seem to get these particular LED's to work right.

Hope an expert can jump in and help!
PaulWood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christopher,

I'm no expert, but I managed to solve this for the ERJ by using FSUIPC.
Set the Offset as indicated in the PM screen for the switch you want the output on.
Data Type Bit
Set Action as Value - On
Bit= the bit set by PM when the switch is in the off position.
Value On 0

Here is an example I used for Gen1

Description Gen1

Offset 5623 Byte

2. Value - On

Not used

Value On 0

Not used.

You really need a line to disable this when power is off, and I have not yet figured that, but if you don't mind the LEDs being lit when you switch on the overhead, it works fine.

Once the conditions for Gen1 to be switched on are met, and you push the switch, the LED extinguishes.

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net
A320East

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for jumping in to help Paul.

I think that's pretty much what I have already done. Also my switches are not the problem - they work in the correct sense - it's the corresponding LED's in the switches that are my problem.
While it very well could be something stupid I'm doing, I have tried everythig I can think of without luck.

Darren Sugden (Suggy) says his "OFF" LED's work fine but I think he may be using AST for his systems logic and not PM Systems (as I am) if this makes any difference.

BTW- Brent has also replied quickly to an email from me and is looking at the issue. It's very reassuring to have that kind of support from the FDS team!

I'll keep the results posted here for anyone who might be able to benefit.

NOTE - I think everyone should stop what they are doing immediately and swamp Peter with orders for overheads - it's amazing what a monumental leap it is to have that hardware in place. Aside from the MIP having the overhead up and running - even partially, gives a much heightened sense of immersion - even if you're only looking "out the window" at a 19" widescreen!
Suggy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yes, I am using ASt for my systems so unfortunately I am unable to help Sad

Darren (Suggy)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A320East

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE - Dec 17th

Brent has confirmed by email today that he can see the issue I'm having and will be including a "Bit OFF" option for the LED's in the next revision of the Sys software due out in the new year.

This will enable a greater flexibility in programming LED states for us all. There will no doubt be further treats and features in the new release that will make the Sys cards even better and more feature rich!

Thaks Brent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: