Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can SYS3 also be used for Overhead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SergeBMW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Can SYS3 also be used for Overhead? Reply with quote

Question Hey, im about to buy the SYS3 and ive already read the manual and found out that its meant to be used for the MIP and Pedestal, my question is, can it be used for the overhead as well? I understand it doesnt have enough inputs for everything but I was just planning to use the basics first then go for more later on.

Thanks
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. It's outputs light LED's and the inputs register on/off's. I've got all three SYS boards and am using the SYS3 as a test board right now to validate my overhead panels as I wire them to make sure the LED's are wired correctly (Whites on one set of pins and ambers on another set -- annunciators on yet a different set). Works fine.

Jon
SergeBMW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great!, thanks Jon so much, I guess ill go ahead and buy the SYS3.
vidarf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using one SYS1 and one SYS2 for my overhead. I also have one SYS3 which I will use for the MIP / pedestal area.
You can use a SYS1 for the pedestal, although that would be a heavy overkill. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: