Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ideal room size for the boeing sim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iva777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: ideal room size for the boeing sim Reply with quote

Hi,

I am in the planning stage and wondering where in my basement should i start building the sim.

I need an indication of what size room would be ideal for building a B777 sim. What should be the allocated sizes for the sim housing and the size of the space surrounding it to project the views. I plan to project the front view and the side views with projectors.

Roughly how much size do i need. Thanks in advance

regards
sri
B747-400

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

There are a lot of aspects you have to take care about!

When you are using real parts (yokes, pedestal, rudder etc.) then you have to calculate a lot of space BELOW the cockpit floor. Approx. 50 cm for controls, and for easy maintenance access. (gimme a few more days, then I maybe have more info for you! best is, mail me personally - I won't forget)

Another point is, how real do you want the outside of your cockpit shell. should it look like a plane, or should it only be a housing for your electrics? My main focus are the electrics and flightdeck (I use real parts Ė obviously not from a 777)

Donít forget the space for beamer. all distance should be the same, to have similar views (L, front, R). otherwise, you should use more expensive beamer who are able to compensate different settings (distance zoom, trapezoid etc.)

I invite you to have a look at our homepage: http://www.project777.com.
We have a lot of picís and measurements out of the 777 cockpit.

Btw: my room is 2,78 x 3,63 meters, and 2,45 meters height. (could be more ..)

I hope this would help you for your first steps.
iva777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hans,

thanks for the tips. I am already a fan of your site and downloaded all the stuff that you are generously sharing. Infact, I looked at Klauss's room plan and wondered what size of room that is....Currently majority of my planning is based on your great info. For me, it need not look like a real plane outside, but inside, i would like to get as real as possible. Thanks for the great contribution to the community through your site.

I certainly would wait for you to get back with more info. I was already planning to email you with few questions on your dimensions. I wondered how you generated those great looking plans. What software did you use...

best
sri
Karl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hans,
I noticed that the scaled drawings that are on your web site are from Boeing. Whereabouts from Boeing did you get these from. Question

Regards,

Karl
B737NG Builder
Web site coming
B747-400

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

yes the drawings are from a boeing manual - as mentioned in the copyright notice at our drawing pages. the measurements were taken by our own hands Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: