Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Issues with Sys Cards or MCDU / CDU keyboard Interface?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A320East

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: USB Issues with Sys Cards or MCDU / CDU keyboard Interface? Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone is having any USB issues with devices in their Sim networks?

I'm seeing the following:
1) MCDU Keyboards locking up - works again after pulling and re-plugging USB connector.
2) Sys Card stops running, all LED's go dark and switches fail to respond - also starts to work again after pulling and re-plugging USB cable and selecting "refresh" in the software.
3) "Other" interface card does same....

This happens seemingly randomly. Sometimes so often in a session that it renders the sim useless, other times things will run for hours without a glitch. Have both interface cards on a 3 amp powered hub, have USB power management turned off in XP USB settings. Computers are tweaked and running perfectly otherwise. Have even broken up interface cards to separate computers with the same results.

There are no errors generated anywhere to follow toward a cause or solution to this. I do see posts for the "other" interface card on another forum with similar complaints so I know I'm not the only one experiencing this type of problem.

I don't believe this is a specific hardware problem but rather something related to the USB root hub drivers / networking issue.

I've googled and searched - got some good tips and tried them all without joy. Talked to PC and he suggested I post...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: