Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

outside visuals question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcutugno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NicD, wich projector(model) you are waiting for?

As i'm experimenting with a visual setup like your, i have some trouble, i can't get the Map windows to minimize, it always stay maximized even if i change the .flt in =False, at the start it is always maximized, but on background of the other 3 windows so not visible...

I tried to reduze the size also in ScreenUnicords but not effect...
Maybe possible this is a problem 'cause i'm using Vista X64 and not XP?
MarkusPilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: short throw projector difficulties Reply with quote

Hello Nic,

have you changed to the short throw.?
Ive got 3 Benq771 short throws.

The 771 has no optical zoom but it does have a digital ( enlarge only +ive ) zoom.
Thus to get three equal size screens the lens(es) have to be the exact same distance from each screen. Not just that but the same angle of projection to the screen.

Ive played around for a month and I'm thinking I'll have to got to mirror for the left and right screens.
The main problem is not only getting the lens in the correct position, but the rear of the projector. The size of the projector with power and dvi cables - rear of the (left) unit interfering with the rear of the right unit.
Small amount of throw distance change the screen image a lot.
Small amounts of angular change to the left/right screens ( in relation to the front screen ) change the required positions of the projectors too.

I tried to solve this issue by mounting the front projector above the left and right projectors. solved the screen size issue however the Front projector was a longer slant throw distance to the screen because of its higher height so the image was slightly larger. thus didnt fully solve the screen size issue.

been real busy with work so unfortunately my website still not back up and details not posted - however suffice to say that short throws have execellent abililty to get the image to the screen without hitting the cockpit roof etc. getting the images and projectors correctly setup - Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Brick wall Brick wall Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad not completely there yet - still more work to go.

I'm thinking of .....
forward vision from cockpit roof / ceiling straight to the forward screen and .....
the left right views ( mine are at about 50 degrees from forard screen )
projector above scrren shining towards mirro overhead cockpit roof reflecting back onto side screen. thus the l/r projectors dont overlap each other physically when trying to get the equal throw distance.

regards

Mark.
www.markuspilot.com
MarkusPilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another option is to set up the projectors in an incorrect physical position, thus getting a distorted image but adjusting with software.

Havent yet sent off email to immersaview / Sol 7 to enquire about cost of purchase etc.

regards again

Mark
www.markuspilot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: