Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scan of toggles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renegade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Scan of toggles Reply with quote

Hi guys

Just a question to know if the pgm interfaceIT scan the position of the toggles switches when you start the thing ? I mean if you left a switch in on position will it be on in FSX when you start a new flight on next day ?

Thanks and fly safe

Gerry
bwr014

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i did read well from a other post then you have to make sure that interface IT will run before you put PMsystems on and in that way you will have the option that the interface IT will see the correct position of the switch ed.

Correct me if i am wrong Smile

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
eehalm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: interfaceIT <-> pmSystems not correlated :-( Reply with quote

Still have a problem with that issue Sad

Is it possible interfaceIT only sends something when a switch is moved?
When pmSystems is started (after interfaceIT), I can easily see that pmSystems does not read the position of all switches on the Overhead Panel.
This is problematic - the Batt switch is in ON position, but pmSystems sees it in OFF. When the switch is moved to BATT and then back to ON, then pmSystems sees it in ON position. Same problem for many other switches - Fuel Pumps etc.

Since pmSystems is connected to the hardware, it does not initialize. How can I make sure pmSystems sees the current position of all switches on the overhead?

Thanks in advance,

Eyal
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Brent for an answer to this question and this is the reply (thanks Brent!)

You need to load interfaceIT after pmSystems is loaded.

When interfaceIT loads it will scan all the positions on each board and perform the action for that position. For example if the BATT switch is in the on position and has been programmed into pmSystems, when interfaceIT loads, it will see the switch in an ON position and then send the appropriate data to pmSystems to inform it of the current position.

Please note that this currently only sends actions for ON positions.

Steve
eehalm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Smile

From the post of Frans from March 10, 2004 I understood it exactly the other way around - namely that InterfaceIT should run first.

How do you make sure this all starts automatically in the correct order? I mean how do you write a batch file to be run automatically by Windows Vista (and how should this batch file look like?)

I'll try it and let you know if it worked.

Warm regards,

Eyal
Jetcos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One issue is which computer should have InterfaceIT on it?

I have InterfaceIT running on the EICAS computer instead of the PM Systems computer. It will use WideFS to communicate with all the software. The PM System computer is working pretty hard keeping up with the software, no need to add to the workload. I am sure there are different ways to do it but seems to work on our system.

This way you can select the order to start the computers easier.

Steve
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way is to use the capabilty of WideClient to sequence your computer program start up. For example, to start interfaceIT use the following command, which starts the program once Flight Simulator initializes and FSUIPC connects to the clients.

[User]
Log=Errors+
RunReady1=c:\Program Files\TEKWorx Limited\interfaceIT Management Control System\interfaceIT.exe
CloseReady1=Yes
AllowShutdown=Yes

For pmSystem, use the following:

Run1=c:\pmSystems\pmSystems.exe
CloseReady1=Yes
AllowShutdown=Yes

This will start pmSystems when WideClient is initialized, which is typically when you power up the computer.

Refer to Pete Dowson's user guide for a more detailed description and options.
eehalm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Succesful setup Reply with quote

Dear Jon,

Thanks a lot for your help.
I followed your advice and now pmSystems is indeed perfectly correlated with the hardware and interfaceIT.

I noticed BTW that the action in RunReady1 is executes only the first time the connection to WideServer is detected. Is there a way to

1) Execute this everytime a new connection is detected?
2) Close the interfaceIT software when the connection is lost?

In principle it works OK now if Microsoft Flight Simulator is started (and then all clients connect to WideServer). When FSX is stopped and restarted, it would have been nice to stop interfaceIT as well, and restart it when the connection is re-established.

Again - thanks a lot for you help!

Eyal
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I understand it, partially...

User]
Log=Errors+
RunReady1=c:\Program Files\TEKWorx Limited\interfaceIT Management Control System\interfaceIT.exe
CloseReady1=Yes
AllowShutdown=Yes

The "CloseReady" command shuts the program down when the connection is lost. What I don't know about is doing an automatic restart if the connection is again connected since WideClient is already connected.

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: