Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nat Crea-Surround Visuals Update II : Blended 200 FOV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melnato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Diego, but not so easy Shocked

Rockwell Collins would still whoop me...although the clouds look a little FS98 LOL

Nat
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God! I miss a few months on the forum and how things change. Nat, your visual system is amazing! I cannot wait to get more information. I am basically following some previous advice you gave me. I have upgraded to Windows 7. Have only one high end computer that I built with the help of those on the forum, plus seven others for the rest of the network. Planning on Sol 7 Pro version. Ouch on the cost, but I am going to bite the bullet on this one. I feel that with what I have spent or will spend on my sim, I do not want to cut corners on the visual system. Now for my questions. Can you explain a little more about your network for the computers on your visual system? You mention server/client that is used in Pro/Level D sims. I am assuming this is not the model of a home based network. Where can I find out more about a network using this model? I have done a search on this forum but have not found much information other than what you first mention in this post. What are the typical specs for the server and each client computer? Can you give us an example of the FPS you are getting using this model? Do you see a significant improvement in FPS to warrant the additional cost of this model? Sorry about all of the questions, but I am drooling. Again, magnificient job. If one has deep pockets, you have definetely set a new ceiling to aspire to. Keep up the good work. What a great hobby!
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
melnato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I think I better clear the air. When I said in the very first post of this thread, "Based on a "Pro / LevelD "....
I didnt mean to imply it actually was a LevelD solution OR will ever be....just to be sure Shocked

What I meant was the philosphy of using a Server/Client based model
was similar. In a LevelD SIM, the "simulator" or Flight Model is contained in a seperate computer....
it purely defines the flight model and positon of the aircraft and the Clients are Image Generators (IG's)...ie. Visuals.

Now in FSX, the flight model AND the visuals are contained in the same "box".
So below is alternate configuration that works also. Its not completely
110% ideal, but It works very effectively.

@Tom, The network is no different to what we all have at the moment, Just split the three views onto seperate computers...
typical WideView configuration.
You can also do this on one computer using TH2Go, Ivar's method ,( sol7 will still cost the same...sold per channel(projector), not computer).
The frames will take a hit obviously as you are rendering 3 views on one computer rather than
each IG rendering its own view.
As for my frames, they still vary from mid 20's to 100's depending on the airport.

Nat

Last edited by melnato on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mriggins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jaw just dropped.

Nat, you are actually running a 2nd piece of software on an FSX IG computer!! (sima server?)

HAVE YOU GONE MAD!?!?

Matt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ...no you have Very Happy

Look carefully...Sim-A is still on a seperate computer...but its still
"connected" to the server (FSX) via local network.
(I should draw a little network hub in there to clarify)

EDIT: HUB added.

Nat
mriggins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melnato wrote:
LOL ...no you have Very Happy

Look carefully...Sim-A is still on a seperate computer...but its still
"connected" to the server (FSX) via local network.
(I should draw a little network hub in there to clarify)

Nat

Phew! I was ready to start reading Revelation...

I've never run a wideview setup so just a little unfamiliar with what software is talking to what on the network. (Client/server wise)

Just because I'm curious, how do you tell the sima server module which FSX box to talk to? Or does it matter?

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat,

Thanks for clearing that up. At first I thought you were talking about a different type of computer with greater specifications and using Microsoft Network. I am just beginning to feel comfortable setting up a network on Windows 7. Didn't want to start going down another road. Thanks.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
CAVU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat,

On a server and 3 IG system as you describe.

I kind of understand that the computer that controls the overhead panels etc does not need to be a supper fast computer but the server and IGs are a different store.

Can you shed some light on a good computer for each? Should they be all the same? I believe that has some importance with Wideview.

Video cards, how much ram?

Any preference between HDD and SSD?

Thanks for feedback.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: