interface it and sim avionics (RESOLVED)

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

bolsen

interface it and sim avionics (RESOLVED)

Post by bolsen »

Hi,

I am not able to congigure the interface card and sim avionics toghter, i have set up the mip and got the landinggear lights to work. All the leds are working and i have set up the light test switch, when flipping it my 6pack is working and all the leds are working. But when i start the sim a server it wont light up. I know from the server that master caution light and some of the 6pack lights should be litt. I have copied the files as told in the user manual, i have assigned the output to sim a in the interface program, but it wont work.

I am using fsx std737, is there annybode out there that could help me?

Best regads Bj�rn
Brgds

Bjørn

melnato

Post by melnato »

Hi Bjorn,

Something is not right...sounds like a FSUIPC issue.
Can you describe your computer set-up and where all the software
is located. PM me if you want...

Nat

bolsen

Problem solved

Post by bolsen »

Problem solved:-) I got help from Ivar, he found the big mistake.... huge thank you to Ivar, and to the rest of the proff team at FDS. :D
Brgds

Bjørn

XOrionFE

Post by XOrionFE »

Can you post the resolution you found?

I seem to be having the same issue so must have made the same mistake :-(

Scott

bolsen

Post by bolsen »

Hi, my mistake was that i wrote fscuip_io.ini when copying the file. That i should have done was, just write fscuip_io. beacuse the file name is always ini.

Flight Deck Solutions - SYS3 support
Our internal I/O interface that is built into the Server is able to assign system functions to
FSUIPC offsets. FDS SYS3 boards also use InterfaceIT software to map I/O to FSUIPC offset.
Therefore we have produced two config files to support this hardware.
Copy \Interface_Files\FSUIPC_IO_B777_FlightDeckSolutions.INI into the main Server
folder and rename it to FSUIPC_IO.INI (overwrite the default file)
Copy \Interface_Files\Sim-Avionics_B777_SDK.ini into the main InterfaceIT folder.
You may
Brgds

Bjørn

XOrionFE

Post by XOrionFE »

Thank you.
I am pretty sure I copied the files correctly but I will double check tonight.

Thanks,
Scott

Ivar Hestnes

Post by Ivar Hestnes »

80% of sim-a support given via e-mail is related to renaming and copying those two files :wink:
So better double and triplecheck. in Bolsens case, the file turned out as FSUIPC_IO.ini.ini, very easy to do that actually.

Also make sure that the fsuipc input and output boxes is checked in the sim-a server.

Last thing that is easy to get wrong is the IP-adress for the TCP-client. Our minds want us to see the FS-computer as the "server", but the TCP client wants the IP-adress for the sim-a server :) Wideclient wants IP-adress for FS-computer. Easy to get confused.

:)

XOrionFE

Post by XOrionFE »

Ivar Hestnes wrote:80% of sim-a support given via e-mail is related to renaming and copying those two files :wink:
So better double and triplecheck. in Bolsens case, the file turned out as FSUIPC_IO.ini.ini, very easy to do that actually.

Also make sure that the fsuipc input and output boxes is checked in the sim-a server.

Last thing that is easy to get wrong is the IP-adress for the TCP-client. Our minds want us to see the FS-computer as the "server", but the TCP client wants the IP-adress for the sim-a server :) Wideclient wants IP-adress for FS-computer. Easy to get confused.

:)
Thank you Ivar. I know I definitely have the last point covered. In fact, all my Sim-A stuff runs on the same computer. Infact, items that I have assigned using XML files work fine. It is only the Sim-A selections that dont work at all. I suspect your first or second points will resolve it so will double check.

Thank you for the tips.

Scott

XOrionFE

Post by XOrionFE »

Well, I believe you solved it for me Ivar. It was your second answer. My files were copied correct. It was the checkboxes that werent checked on my Sim-A server. Maybe that should be added to the Readme file. That would have helped.

Thank you again for your help.
Scott

Ivar Hestnes

Post by Ivar Hestnes »

Most welcome Scott :)