Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

interface it and sim avionics (RESOLVED)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolsen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: interface it and sim avionics (RESOLVED) Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not able to congigure the interface card and sim avionics toghter, i have set up the mip and got the landinggear lights to work. All the leds are working and i have set up the light test switch, when flipping it my 6pack is working and all the leds are working. But when i start the sim a server it wont light up. I know from the server that master caution light and some of the 6pack lights should be litt. I have copied the files as told in the user manual, i have assigned the output to sim a in the interface program, but it wont work.

I am using fsx std737, is there annybode out there that could help me?

Best regads Bj�rn

Bjørn
melnato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bjorn,

Something is not right...sounds like a FSUIPC issue.
Can you describe your computer set-up and where all the software
is located. PM me if you want...

Nat
bolsen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Problem solved:-) I got help from Ivar, he found the big mistake.... huge thank you to Ivar, and to the rest of the proff team at FDS. Very Happy

Bjørn
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the resolution you found?

I seem to be having the same issue so must have made the same mistake Sad

Scott
bolsen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my mistake was that i wrote fscuip_io.ini when copying the file. That i should have done was, just write fscuip_io. beacuse the file name is always ini.

Flight Deck Solutions - SYS3 support
Our internal I/O interface that is built into the Server is able to assign system functions to
FSUIPC offsets. FDS SYS3 boards also use InterfaceIT software to map I/O to FSUIPC offset.
Therefore we have produced two config files to support this hardware.
Copy \Interface_Files\FSUIPC_IO_B777_FlightDeckSolutions.INI into the main Server
folder and rename it to FSUIPC_IO.INI (overwrite the default file)
Copy \Interface_Files\Sim-Avionics_B777_SDK.ini into the main InterfaceIT folder.
You may

Bjørn
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I am pretty sure I copied the files correctly but I will double check tonight.

Thanks,
Scott
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% of sim-a support given via e-mail is related to renaming and copying those two files Wink
So better double and triplecheck. in Bolsens case, the file turned out as FSUIPC_IO.ini.ini, very easy to do that actually.

Also make sure that the fsuipc input and output boxes is checked in the sim-a server.

Last thing that is easy to get wrong is the IP-adress for the TCP-client. Our minds want us to see the FS-computer as the "server", but the TCP client wants the IP-adress for the sim-a server Smile Wideclient wants IP-adress for FS-computer. Easy to get confused.

Smile
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivar Hestnes wrote:
80% of sim-a support given via e-mail is related to renaming and copying those two files Wink
So better double and triplecheck. in Bolsens case, the file turned out as FSUIPC_IO.ini.ini, very easy to do that actually.

Also make sure that the fsuipc input and output boxes is checked in the sim-a server.

Last thing that is easy to get wrong is the IP-adress for the TCP-client. Our minds want us to see the FS-computer as the "server", but the TCP client wants the IP-adress for the sim-a server Smile Wideclient wants IP-adress for FS-computer. Easy to get confused.

Smile

Thank you Ivar. I know I definitely have the last point covered. In fact, all my Sim-A stuff runs on the same computer. Infact, items that I have assigned using XML files work fine. It is only the Sim-A selections that dont work at all. I suspect your first or second points will resolve it so will double check.

Thank you for the tips.

Scott
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I believe you solved it for me Ivar. It was your second answer. My files were copied correct. It was the checkboxes that werent checked on my Sim-A server. Maybe that should be added to the Readme file. That would have helped.

Thank you again for your help.
Scott
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most welcome Scott Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: