Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not quite getting it, yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynelp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Not quite getting it, yet. Reply with quote

Greetings, I am building my third FSX cockpit. I am using the old school aircraft, which is not modern glass cockpits. I am modeling prop style operations from WW2 aircraft.

With that said. I was using interfaces for the computer which emulated joysticks. They worked great but so many USB ports were starting to be used. One for each piece of hardware. I found your InterfaceIT and thought this is the ticket.
I am slowly understanding how to use the software. I have worn out my copy of the "manual".

Now for the life of me, I cannot get several items working, which I think I need them to as there are no lines of text anywhere, that I can find, for certain functions on the payware a/c.

One item is the ability to use the keyboard/mouse item to cause an InterfaceIT switch to operate it. There is no response. If I use the keyboard to operate a function, the keyboard then becomes unusable. Reading posts about this helped me with that. But the mouse operation just doesn't work. It will not register a function at all.

I am assuming that I need this keyboard/mouse function to operate as I have many payware a/c that any cockpit functions are not listed in the FSUIPC functions or the simconnect functions.

I also cannot seem to get the hang of the FUSIPC interface as many switches don't have enough information to put in the blank spaces. Such as bit numbers and on/ off, etc.. A little more detailed instruction on how to make them work is what I need also.

My Interface IT is the FDS-SYS2X High Capacity (128Input Card)
I am using Win 7 FSX. I am using 3 computers to operate the cockpit. They are all working fine with each other, have been for some time with good read/write file sharing. FSUIPC, with Wide FS.

I am just missing some instruction in the manual for using the mouse/keyboard emulation functions.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Wayne
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't get the keystroke function to work using the guide on page 22-23 of the manual? Or if you are not using FSUIPC just select "send keystroke"?

Cheers,

Jon
waynelp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: keystrokes Reply with quote

Thanks, I can get the key stroke function to work, well, it reads the keystrokes, then sometimes the keyboard hangs up and becomes non usable. But what I am trying to do is use the mouse to activate a switch, like a keystroke. It says on the computer screen instructions while assigning keystrokes that I can use the mouse also as a key stroke and activate the cockpit switch. That it will not do. I have some payware A/C that has buttons which do not have an assignment operating from the FS keys or FSUIPC. It takes a mouse over and click to operate them.

Wayne
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I've never used the mouse to do anything as the cat eats them. Never had a problem with assigning a keystroke and having it perform the desired function.. never had it lock up either... but then again, I don't use the mouse in the process.

Is there a reason you can't wire out a switch and assign an input variable to it and get rid of the mouse?

Cheers,

Jon
waynelp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the instructions again on page 23 is say " you may either type the key sequence you need or switch (via mouse) to the application then perform the sequence...

This is probably where I am misunderstanding this. Does one switch to the FS screen and; 1. use the keyboard to make something happen or 2. use the mouse on the FS cockpit and InterfaceIT reads the function?

Either way the key strokes do not make the function happen, only the mouse over/click function. So far I cannot do with out the mouse.

The aircraft I want to do this with is the MilViz 310. It has two switches for the left mag and two switches for the right mag. None of the key strokes in FS work for it and no FSUIPC commands direct to FS will work only the mouse over/click.

I am muddling thru this.

Thanks
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

Clicking the mouse simply changes the program focus to act on the application made active with the mouse click. Once the application is active then a keystroke is assigned to that active window in interfaceIT.

You can open several applications at the same time on one computer, it's just that only one is active at any particular time. I am not familiar with MilViz 310 and don't know how you activate the mag switches using only mouse clicks. In any configuration can you activate via keystokes or is it only mouse click?

Cheers,

Jon
Jon Boe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

You might want to check out this application as it seems like it might accomplish what you are attempting to do.

http://www.wideview.it/key2mouse.htm

Cheers,

Jon
waynelp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on this. I have just resigned myself to the fact that some payware aircraft will not let any addon system operate their cockpit systems.
The wideview key2mouse reconfigs my FSX cfg on start up and it CTD on start. That is now not an option.

Each aircraft is different so a separate XML file for each one is in the works. And templates for the switchpanels.

Why is it that a switch on an aircraft will work with the mouse or key stroke using the FS program keyboards, but when the same keystroke is put in the Interfaceit, it will not respond? I try the different ways and some just won't do it.

If I could locate the key board functions for all my aircraft it would help a lot.

I still cannot figure out the FSUIPC commands.

Thanks
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Keyboard Reply with quote

You simply won't find keyboard commands or code info for all the functions I am afraid. This is entirely up to the folks that create the software you are using.
We do hear about people using FSUIPC Keyboard Macros.
Might be worth googling that. I am not familiar with that approach so I am not much help I am afraid.
PC
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: