Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedbrake Do Not Arm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mriggins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Speedbrake Do Not Arm Reply with quote

Several searches and I can't find anything so...

I have the SpeedBrake Do Not Arm annunciator below my captains side AFDS.

Anyone know of an xml file for this? Whats going to cause the "Do Not Arm" annunciator to light up?

I was looking at FSUIPC offsets, obviously (even in xml) you can arm the spoilers, etc.

But I'm curious what conditions would cause the annunciator to light up telling you not to arm it. (And how to get that functionality working?)

Thanks!

Matt
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Speedbrake Reply with quote

Using the normal Avionics packages available you will find that not every function is simulated.
This is an example. There are several annunciators on the MIP that will not do anything other than light up for a Light Test when activated.
The XMLs are there for functional items.
You will find the AFDS is the same. No functionality really with PM for example.
You can do a search on Thomas Richter in here as he has created somenice utilities that add functions that do not see support in PM.
What we have uploaded is all the work everyone has done prior to you. If it is not there it is not likely functional. Unless you are Jon Boe and you go and create it all!
PC
mriggins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedbrake Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
Using the normal Avionics packages available you will find that not every function is simulated.
This is an example. There are several annunciators on the MIP that will not do anything other than light up for a Light Test when activated.
The XMLs are there for functional items.
You will find the AFDS is the same. No functionality really with PM for example.
You can do a search on Thomas Richter in here as he has created somenice utilities that add functions that do not see support in PM.
What we have uploaded is all the work everyone has done prior to you. If it is not there it is not likely functional. Unless you are Jon Boe and you go and create it all!
PC

Thanks Peter. Already have the TSR software on the to do list for the AFDS's. Wasn't sure if there was anything for DNA or not. Figured I'd ask first!

I'll have to look into these xml files, who knows, might be able to come up with something! Smile

Thanks!

Matt
Nykus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you did post this topic i spend many hours to try what causing. LOL I don't want put it on this forum to make me look stupid Laughing.. nothing causing. just neat light come on... Who know maybe in future they will... I hope so
vidarf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I bump an old thread, but I just checked the 737 companion for this. Here's the conditions:

-when the automatic operation of the SB lever does not arm correctly
-if the lever is in ARMED position and one of the thrust reversers are engaged and one or more of these occurs:
--antiskid system inop
--autobrake actuator not retracted
--disagreement between wheel spin speeds and air/ground signals
--internat faults in the auto speedbrake module

In other words: not really needed in a sim. Falls into the lav light category. Wire it up just for light test purposes, but leave it if you're short on outputs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: