Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overhead Switch Synchronization on Startup (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Overhead Switch Synchronization on Startup (Resolved) Reply with quote

I am using Sim-A with InterfaceIT with switching hardware.

To this point I have not found a foolproof way of synchronizing the state of my overhead switches with FSUIPC values on startup.

The procedure that works best for me is to use "Initial state" at startup with the "Process switch change..." box checked. I then carefully check that the position of my hardware switches are where they should be for "initial state". I realize that the recommendation is to keep the "Process switch change..." box unchecked when using switching hardware, but I found that if I uncheck "Process switch change...." the initial state switch positions in FSUIPC (at least according to the SA overhead client) don't always match what is in the initial state.ini.

Again, the behavior seems to be exactly the opposite of what is recommended in the "Did you know" sticky.

The ideal would be to be able to do a "sweep" read of hardware switch status at startup. If there is a way of doing that I have not been able to find out how as yet. I have attempted varied startup sequences of the different modules and InterfaceIT etc. but without success.

Any enlighenment on this subject would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way is to add the "Resend Switch States" Internal Variable to your Lights Test Switch. In most Checklists the Lights Test is at the top of the list. This would resend all switch states and place them in the correct positions.
Fred

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve - I did not realize a variable existed for that feature!
slider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tips !

Do you have a similar idea for Project Magenta ? I mean, do you know if there is a "Resend Switch States" on Project Magenta ?
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offset for "resending the Switch states" is an internal variable and can be added to the same switch in your sim. It can be used with any Avionics Suite using InterfaceIT as the interface.

I suggested the Lights Test as this is on a standard checklist and would be checked at the beginning of a flight.
slider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works like a charm !

Another problem solved. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: