Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backlighting overhead and FSUIPC (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luisg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Backlighting overhead and FSUIPC (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hello,

I completed 90% of the wiring of my overhead panel. I am using a SYS1X and download all the require files, but the offsets included in the download are for PM. Are there any XML files that can be used for the iFly or do they all have to be programmed manually.

My other question is, how do I connect the LED strip lights to the SYS1X. I removed DC plug from the strips and connected it the way I did the LED bulbs but don't seem to be getting enough power for it to turn on completely. Only 3 or 4 lights actually light up, so I am definitely doing something wrong.

Look forward to anyone's suggestion.

Luis
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Are you using the iFlytoFsuipc.beta?

You need that. The documents are there and the offsets are their own. You need to assign each of them. This program works well and has been used in the FDS JetMax.

2) LED Strips are 12V and are NOT connected to the SYS card. You can dim these as well using the appropriate dimmer module.
Luisg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I did get the iFlytoFsuipc.beta and will try to program it.

Lusi
Luisg

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a chance to say thanks for the files you sent me. Sometimes its hard for a first time user. After leaving everything at a stand still because of frustration and work.

Eager to get it working, I finally got everything properly configured and working. I can only program one switch to the landing lights and rwy turnoff lights. But I can manage.

As for the back lighting, I took the dimmer apart and conected it to the panel switch. It works like a charm. Now I can dim the light from the overhead panel.

Thanks,

Luis
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear!

There are lots of little struggles in the beginning but before you know it you end up with what you were after.

Nice to hear you succeeded.
zbraf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also doing this kind of setup with the ifly and the sys-board, but when I try to confugure the inputs instead of bits it gives me values, I tried to write those values using the driver but nothing worked, any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: