Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS-B737NG-PRO-MX-MIPMAIN-10 -- electronics included?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: And yet - JetMAX or DSTD? Reply with quote

I have long intended to ask here the questions that asked topikstarter.
In order not to start a separate thread on the forum, and if there is no particular objection, I will clarify for himself ability to make some questions here.

So, I long for myself decided to build a home cockpit.
I spent many months in the study this forum, looked at the experiences of others cockpito-builders, became acquainted with the products of FDS.
Special thanks to Peter for his detailed explanations and answers to my sometimes newbie questions.

For myself, I decided that a major supplier of panels will FDS, as the software for avionics I'll use SIM-A, аs the simulator will be MS-FSX (or PREPAR3D), and as the aircraft will be used PMDG-737NGX.

I can not decide for yourself, it's a choice between JetMAX or FDS B737 PRO-MX DUAL SEAT TRAINING DEVICE.
I have several times seen the statement of Peter that JetMAX this is a separate product from the other direction - it is designed to move away from the table. And I understand very well that JetMAX can never replace the full cockpit.
But my JetMAX attracted by the fact that once purchased a set with all the cards, buttons, panels, switches, and most importantly - with instructions for assembly. I have minimal experience in the build of the cockpit, while I was only able to set up my own B737NG-PROMX-CDU and the demo mode tried SIM-A.
Also want to say that I am not a pilot and have no special education in the field of aviation - I'm just a fan and the air is very sick.
And how to operate other devices in the cabin and I imagine it superficially.

What I want to see for yourself - would not it be in my case JetMAX more intuitive, affordable solution, "all in one", which can be rapidly assembled and configured?

Any opinions you would like to hear, and my apologies for the long question.
FlyMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidarf,

Thank you very much for your detailed review.
I want to clarify, if I plan to use to use old version MCP+EFIS (G2) will not be any problems with their installation in the glare shield.
Now I have the opportunity to buy MCP+one EFIS (G2), i was planning to use them later in the builder of my cockpit

Thank you!
vidarf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old MCP and EFIS needs a support bracket. They cannot be mounted without. Easy to make yourself. On the back of the PCB's there are several standoff nuts. You will probably need to make a bracket that fit on these standoffs. Easy to do.

The original bracket looked like this:

Note that it "hangs" from the glare shield.

The old G2 card does not work with prosim737. None of the switches will light up (if you select vnav, the switch won't indicate that). At least as of today. Dunno if that is going to be fixed. I think Sim-A works; think Peter posted something about it. Do a search.

You aren't buying from a gentleman in England, are you? Smile Could be my old MCP. In that case, it's almost brand new. I would not have sold it if the other EFIS module was available somehow. Great piece of hardware, fantastic quality.
FlyMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
No backlighting is not the end of the world.
The instrument panel and MCP are nicely lit by a dimmable source that can be turned down to a minimum which makes a very credible and pleasant night "ambiance".
The cost differencial is major. The functionnality is the same!
Jack

Jack,
Thank you for your point of view.
Do you think there will be more simple JetMAX product, especially when you consider the fact that in my case I have no personal experience of building MIP, setting interface card and software?
FlyMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidarf wrote:
The old MCP and EFIS needs a support bracket. They cannot be mounted without. Easy to make yourself. On the back of the PCB's there are several standoff nuts. You will probably need to make a bracket that fit on these standoffs. Easy to do.
The original bracket looked like this:

Note that it "hangs" from the glare shield.

The old G2 card does not work with prosim737. None of the switches will light up (if you select vnav, the switch won't indicate that). At least as of today. Dunno if that is going to be fixed. I think Sim-A works; think Peter posted something about it. Do a search.

You aren't buying from a gentleman in England, are you? Smile Could be my old MCP. In that case, it's almost brand new. I would not have sold it if the other EFIS module was available somehow. Great piece of hardware, fantastic quality.

vidarf,
Thank you for your clarification on the mounting bracket for G2 vesion MCP+EFIS. I'll try to ask whether the FDS in this bracket, they are now to order (production).

And Steve (Jetcos) previously answered me, that G2 is fully supported in SIM-A. Well, since you were absolutely right (I actually bought it at the man from UK), in the near future I hope he assess the high quality of these devices!
Very Happy
vidarf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fella in UK that bought my old units also bought that bracket.

Anyway, the bracket is EASY to make yourself! You do not need the whole shebang. A couple of 90 degree metal thingy's (furniture brackets, or those brackets used for building a porch) with holes drilled at the appropriate locations would do just fine. KISS technology for you right there! Very Happy

You could even use a piece of MDF or plywood. DIY time!
FlyMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vidarf wrote:
The fella in UK that bought my old units also bought that bracket.

Anyway, the bracket is EASY to make yourself! You do not need the whole shebang. A couple of 90 degree metal thingy's (furniture brackets, or those brackets used for building a porch) with holes drilled at the appropriate locations would do just fine. KISS technology for you right there! Very Happy

You could even use a piece of MDF or plywood. DIY time!

Thank you for your advice!
MCP + EFIS already on its way to Russia, and I'm bracket to do yourself. Smile
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyMan wrote:
Thank you for your point of view.
Do you think there will be more simple JetMAX product, especially when you consider the fact that in my case I have no personal experience of building MIP, setting interface card and software?

JetMax products are geared to desktop users who want a much more realistic environment. Very easy to set up. Visit www.jetmax.ca and contact JetMax people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: