Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorized Throttle Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephvance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Motorized Throttle Setup Reply with quote

Hi,

Please let me know if this has been posted elsewhere. I looked but didn't see the answer already published.

I have built a custom motorized throttle with servos driving the speed brake, throttle levers, trim indicators and trim wheels. What are the offsets needed to drive them from Sim-A?

Additionally, does Sim-A automatically recognize Phidget boards or do they need to be configured via FSUIPC first?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Happy to share my setup steps with the community once I get it worked out.

Joe
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say if I have seen any software other than the software we use with our motorized throttles. Built at FDS for the B777, B737 and using custom software for Sim-A.

Phidgets boards and the software would only work with our configuration and choice of parts.

At one time FS2Phidgets was the way to go so that may be a choice? They have a Forum page at MyCockpit.org.
melnato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My good friend Diego wrote a program to suit PHIDGETS SERVOS and Sim-A....called DVATX. You may still find it on mycockpit.org.
Be warned it only works with specific phidgets cards and wiring configurations...

Nat
josephvance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you guys, I have been playing around with FS2Phidgets and I think it will probably meet my needs. Thanks for the heads up on the alternative program as well.
Fred

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe -

I am using DVATX for my motorized TQ using servos to drive the throttles. It works well and is very easy to implement since there is essentially no programming involved other than setting pot limit values etc. within the program. No problems at all running with Sim-A. It loads as a separate program using offsets that you simply define within the SIM-A config.

Worth a try for sure if you plan to use servos. I recently acquired a real 737 TQ and would like to drive the throttles using DC motors for that one. I'm not sure at this point what software to use in that case.

Fred
mauriceb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melnato wrote:
My good friend Diego wrote a program to suit PHIDGETS SERVOS and Sim-A....called DVATX. You may still find it on mycockpit.org.
Be warned it only works with specific phidgets cards and wiring configurations...

Nat

Just curious Nat but what did you end up using in your TQ, Phidgets or DVATX or both?

Mau
melnato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDay Mau,

I used FS2Phidgets first, then switched to DVATX.

Nat
mauriceb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melnato wrote:
GDay Mau,

I used FS2Phidgets first, then switched to DVATX.

Nat

And is everything, and I mean everything including the spoiler servo working as it should without additional hardware aside from an advanced servo board? Does the spoiler retract after you land and re-apply power?

Does DVATX power up the servos for all the appropriate MCP modes and disable the power servo when in manual throttle mode?

The reason I am asking is because my spoiler servo sometimes acts up and does not deploy or else it moves the handle back instead of forward after landing. Only happens with FSX and never with FS9. So if DVATX has resolved all its previous issues, then I may be switching as well (although I should know better and stop messing with my sim Very Happy

Thanks,
Maurice
melnato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDay Mau

Cant remember the finer details as that was my first TQ(new one is real/DC motors)
Ill ask Diego to jump in and give you the details on DVATX.

Cheers,

Nat
diegov

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maurice,

DVATX does all the things you mention and is designed for FSX only and compatible with Sim-A. It is aware of MCP states, and only powers servos when A/T is required. It also does deploy the spoiler on landing and retracts when the throttle is re-engaged to taxi off the runway. I've never experience the spoiler issues you mention. If you are having specific problems let me know and i can look into this for you.

@Fred there is a working version of DVATX that drive DC motors, although it is very early stages.

Im in the process of relocating countries but once im back if there are any bugs in DVATX that need attention or if there is still interest in the DC version of DVATX ill be happy to spend some time to get it working..

However it wont be until the new year.

Cheers
Diego
mauriceb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Diego. You answered all my questions.

Best regards,
Maurice
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for jumping in Diego.

Hope the move goes well for you.
Fred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diego -

That is really good news about the DVATX version for DC motors! Yes, I am very interested!

Is a working "beta" version available now? If not I certainly can wait until the new year since I've got to find the time between now and then to do the real TQ conversion anyhow. I can also help evaluate the software if you need beta testers.

Where are you moving to?

Best regards,
Fred
diegov

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve!

@Fred.. im off to New Zealand. The land of the long white cloud. I do have a beta version of DVATX-DC, but the throttles hunt around too much. I need to add some code to dampen the sensors.. Ill definately have a look at it when i move over and we can talk offline to get it working.

Cheers
Diego
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: