Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepar3d

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkellogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Prepar3d Reply with quote

I realize I am way behind the power curve here. I have been trying to stay on top of what's going on with flight sim software but have missed the information about Prepar3d until I stumbled upon it today. In looking through the FDS forum I didn't find a lot of information here. Am I missing something? It appears that this could be a great product for us in the future. Am I wrong. I realize the MSFS X is the standard we are all used to but has anyone come across anything as promising as Prepar3d? I am curious as to what most people are using or planning on going to to replace MSFS X in the future.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
mauriceb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of mixed opinions about this. I tried it and went back to FSX as I could not find any advantages at this stage of the P3D development that would justify all the hassles of converting and/or reloading all the add-on software.

Having said that, P3D is a live product still in development while FSX development is finished. So it could well be that in the near future, P3D will offer significant advantages but right now, I did not find any compelling reasons to switch. There have been a lot more discussions about P3D in the Cockpitbuilders forum if you are interested.

Maurice
Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom

There is a lot of investment being made into Prepar3d right now that is going on with 3rd party vendors as well as by LM themselves with a 2.0 version on the horizon and I'm sure that in time, we will see quite a few folks moving over to it as a standard platform. For me, someone that is still very entrenched in FS9 for my project, it will be an easier transition to Prepar3d because I honestly have very little 3rd party addons for FSX that isnt already Prepar3d compatible. Also, very soon I will be upgrading to a new FS PC and that will be the time to make a move to Prepar3d for me, seeing as I'm not really losing any hard work put into a fine-tuned FSX rig. The 2.0 software is slated to be a Direct X 11 software and that alone should bring many incredible visual enhancements to the software.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
HarryZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Prepar3d Reply with quote

Tom,

I'm going to support what Maurice and Erid have said about P3D.

I've been playing around with P3D since the end of the summer. Trying to get it to run as well as FS X in my curved screen full sized 737 cockpit has been a real challenge. I still have a ton of issues to overcome but like always with simming, they eventually get solved after a lot of research and work.

The big advantage of P3D is that it will be further developed by Lockheed Martin while FS X is done. The disadvantage is that the license restriction that MS placed on LM for the sale of P3D will make this development much slower.

The good news is that the third party group seems to be moving to make their products fully compatible with P3D so in the long run, this product should match and surpass FS X. I guess time will tell.
tkellogg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for the responses. It looks as if I was correct in my assessment of Prepar3d at this time.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: