Xplane Radio and XPNDR drivers

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Garys

Xplane Radio and XPNDR drivers

Post by Garys »

Are the radios and XPNDR natively supported in Xplane? Just had a look on the Tekworx site and can only see drivers for fs9 and fsx.

Thanks
Gary

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

It has been discussed. Other priority items ahead of X-Plane drivers. As the X-Plane crowd gets bigger we want to be able to provide our radio's as an option.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Garys

Post by Garys »

Thanks Steve. Interested in making the switch however having almost $2000 in non functional hardware sitting in the pedestal doing nothing doesn't sound very appealing. Catch 22

Gary

mauriceb

Post by mauriceb »

Garys wrote:Thanks Steve. Interested in making the switch however having almost $2000 in non functional hardware sitting in the pedestal doing nothing doesn't sound very appealing. Catch 22

Gary
Well Gary, if you bought a VW Beetle designed for normal driving and then decided to try it in a formula one race, you would not blame the VW designers because the performance is not up to par, would you? :D

Maurice

Garys

Post by Garys »

Not really the same but I'll run with it. As Steve mentioned, FDS needs a larger pool to convert from fs9/fsx to Xplane. Without hardware support guys are gong stick with the platform that they have already functional. Not all but many will. Guys new to the hobby who are looking exclusively at Xplane will go to vendors that already have xplane hardware support. The pool will grow but not very quickly. Xplane was discussed at length at the open house. I think the enthusiasm for it is still there. Its just a shame to see it moving long so slowly.

Gary

pcos
Site Admin

X-Plane

Post by pcos »

I Will prod Brent at Tekworx on this and see how his "to do" list is going. It can be long with multiple projects going on ...
I want to see XP as part of our platform options...
Peter

melnato

Post by melnato »

Watch out...Im in the middle of switching to XP10 too :P

Nat

Garys

Post by Garys »

Nice... Looking fwd to seeing you work your Nat Vis magic. :D Thanks guys.

Gary