Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 MDCU control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Henri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: A320 MDCU control Reply with quote

Hello,

I use the InterfaceITAPI dll to control the A320 FDS MDCU. I have access to all keyboard inputs, trim analog inout, led outputs, and can control the brightness interface (seems connected to the keyboard backlight brigtness). Is there a way to control the screen brightness ? In a general way, is there a document which explain which IO number/interface of the Interface IT board is connected to the real IO of the MCDU (fail led, key, data line...) or do we have to "try" ?

Best regards.
Paul-Henri
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul-Henri,

The API documentation is in the Installer. It should cover everything. Are you not seeing what you need?
TobiBS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: A320 MDCU control Reply with quote

Paul-Henri wrote:
Is there a way to control the screen brightness ?

As I have seen until now, dimming is done via the avionics suite you are using. By changing the colors within the displays dimming is simulated. As far as I found there is no way via the API to dim the display itself.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Sim-Avionics, Mark is controlling the screen brightness and using the installed CDU pot along with the key dimming. So yes, software dependent but can be controlled using the CDU pot,

He also controls his display dimming (PFD/ND etc) using an FC-1 via his software.
Paul-Henri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer. In the software package I have downloaded from Interface IT, I have everything concerning the InterfaceITAPI.dll available functions. However, I can't find documentation specific to a FDs module (CDU for now) and tyhe way it is controlled by the Interface IT board (affectation of I/O on the hardware). Could you explain where I could find it ?
Regarding screen brightness, I agree with you steve, there should be a software way to control it. However, when I executes the interfaceITAPI_Test.exe software, it reports only one brightness control. When I adjust this brightness, this is the keyboard backlight which changes... so I wonder if there is another brighness available. Perhaps is this explain in a CDU documentation. Moreover, this interfaceITAPI_Test.exe often reports error on FDS modules capabilities (I experiment some lore troubles with the reported information for the squak FDS module this afternoon).

Best regards.
Paul-Henri
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above, the screen dimming is actually the Avionics Software dimming the CDU pages. Not dimming the screen. Depending on your software you would need to dim the Avionics via their server or main software.

We use a game controller to connect to a pot and read that variable to set the dimming. Or as Sim-A did they use the pot in the CDU to acheive this along with the key back-lighting from the FDS-CDU software.

I hope this helps, what software are you using? Is it your own?
Paul-Henri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Steve, I understand. The software I use to manage all displays (CDU, PDF,ND...) is written by JeeHell (Jean-Luc). He has written code to interface FDS modules with its software but he did not include some functionnalities I want to manage (dimming of keyboard for MDCU based upon the pot of the pedestal, backlight of FDS squak module keyboard...). This is the reason why I need to rewrite software to include those functionnalities.
Thank you for your help.
Paul-Henri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS - Interface Products All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: