interfaceIT and PMDG 777

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Jammur

interfaceIT and PMDG 777

Post by Jammur »

Good evening,

After receiving and installing the B777 CDU I am more than impressed. I have my own built Overhead and MCP in the making and I'm wondering what card would benefit me better for both Overhead panel (full) and the MCP. I'll be using PMDG 777 and wondering if it will communicate using the FDS interfaceIT software, has anyone had any joy? also do these cards support the 7 segment displays as seen on the MCP and illuminate accordingly to the sim? My other option is opencockpits cards and SIOC but I'm hoping FDS can support it.

Jamie

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

SYS cards do not support seven segment displays.

The offsets used in the PMDG B777 need to be used and interfaced. Not sure there is a plan to do that at the moment. The SDK needs to used.

The MCP Interface will be ready this weekend. I will post the link in the forum.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Jammur

Post by Jammur »

Jetcos wrote:SYS cards do not support seven segment displays.

The offsets used in the PMDG B777 need to be used and interfaced. Not sure there is a plan to do that at the moment. The SDK needs to used.

The MCP Interface will be ready this weekend. I will post the link in the forum.
Thanks for clearing that up Steve. Maybe opencockpits cards for my MCP and an FDS SYS card for my overhead then. I really do like the sound of these cards running through FSUIPC, if there's an SDK anything can be done, PMDG did a great job on there's. I was even surprised that the PMDG 777 CDU software showed the EXEC light along with the message / display etc illuminate accordingly, very nicely done...

Jamie