Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 1.56 Yaw Damper (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jf

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Version 1.56 Yaw Damper (Resolved) Reply with quote

H all again:

I have been testing V1.56 and so far, after the reversers issue, it is a significant improvement. Kudos Mark.

I had noticed the following problem earlier but I left it since it was not critical for me getting the plane to fly and trying the release.

Problem: Yaw Damper switch fails to activate the Yaw Damper.

Hardware: FDS OVHD - InterFaceIT - Powered Solenoid Switch
FDS Relay Card - FDS SYS Board. Yaw Damper fault light
set to activate the Solenoid.

For Information, the WING ANTI ICE uses the same type of switch connected to the same relay card and it works well.

Conditions: FLT CTRL STBY RUD A and ,B ON - Lights Off
Hydraulic PUMPS - All four ON - Lights OFF (engines running )
or ELEC HYDRAULICS PUMS (both ON ), engines OFF.
Yaw Damper check box on Aircraft Detail tab, checked.

IntarfaceIT Switch settings: Update Sim-Avionics, 737-Hyd Yaw Damper Down ON, up OFF.

FSUIPC I/O Offset HYD_YAW_DAMPER_SWITCH 5437. Bit 0 is set to 1
on ON and cleared to 0 on UP ( off). The Yaw Damper light remains ON and therefore, the Solenoid switch does not lock. The Yaw damper remains non functional. Testing the switch with the Validation function shows the Offset 5437 to change its 0 bit with switch ON/OFF action, so the switch works and the offset seems appropriate.

Any thoughts ?

The pane flies, even the A/P Works but the difference can be felt.

Thanks.

Joachim
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the SYSBoard Controller software?

There is very limited support for InterfaceIT anymore. The SYSboard Controller has the proper assignmnets for the Yaw Damper and the solenoid switch.

Note: On the Wing Anti-Ice switch I have several real aircraft panels from 737NG aircraft and they don't have that type of switch. So things must be changing across the 737's.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I don't have OH hardware and just use the Overhead Panel Client but have found that for Yaw Damper to work correctly both IRS switches must be set to NAV.

That's my limited knowledge.
Hope it helps

Cheers
Michael
jf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve and Michael:

Thanks for the prompt reply. No Steve, I am not using the Sys Controller software.

Do I have to reprogram all the switches?, if I have to, no problem, all in the name of progress. I guess the FDS website has the software. I'll look it up.

Michael, thanks for the tip on the solenoid switches info on the real deal.
I guess it's kind of fun to see them pop back up, especially after shelling out some dollars Smile.

Once again thanks, and I'll get back to you after I have some fun with the Sys Controller software.

JF
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SYSBoard Controller is all part of Sim-Avionics and is located in the main Sim-Avionics folder in your C:Drive.

Everything needs to be assigned and all the assignment information is located on each page. Follow the instructions on the screen. Switches are easy. LED's take a little longer but once you get rolling it moves along pretty quick.

You can assign everything prior to switching over. You can't run the SYSBoard Controller and InterfaceIT at the same time. No need to use the FDS-CDU or FDS-Glare software either if you are using our CDU's and MCP.

Use the Virtual OH to compare hardware to software.
jf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I found the software and looked over the Interface. The only documentation I found is for Jetmax. I figured out that I would have to program each event. Now, do I have to change any conficuration on the server. Will the Sim-Avionic.ini file for InterfaceIT be ignored?.
I just programmed the battery switch, the .ini file is for BATTERY_SWITCH ON only, none for OFF but for example, with the server running I see no displays on when I flip the switch. I just need to get it right once so I can follow the rest. I understand that I would have to use either InterfaceIT or the SysBoard software. I imagine that I can continue to use IT while I progress with SysBoard, just firing one at a time?
jf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I forgot, what about my current FSUIPC.ini file that has the IInterfaceIT offsets. Also other offsets for my TQ.
Tks.
jf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: (Solved) Reply with quote

Hi Steve, Mark and everybody.

Just a quick update. All switches and lights programmed. Got rid of the Solenoid driven Yaw Damper switch. Yaw Dampernow works under SysBoard software.

I guess I'm hijacking my own thread but the issue remaining is the Anders Starter Switches. They worked perfectly under InterfaceIT but I have not been able to activate the solenoid. Should I start a new thread?

JF
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they connected to the FDS Relay card?

Use Start Valve Open Left and Right in Outputs.
jf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, thanks for answering back on a Sunday.

Yes, I have the FDS Relay Card connected. I''ll try your suggestion.
As I said, no change in hardware set up. It was working well with InterfaceIT. Still tinkering a bit with the A/P and other minor issues.
The AT is having trouble maintaining speed on the with ILS APP engaged, mainly at low speeds. I am trying recalibrating the throttles first.

Thanks.

Joachim
jf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: