Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.56 issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omera60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Thanks Steve, will try and see what happens at least on my setup. But yesterday I also had a problem like this but it was in descent/final approach. I was making a flight from LTFE to LTFJ, my arrival star was TURKO 1G, this star ends with and vector but ATC cleared me to delete that and connect the last point which is FJ519 to the beginning of the ILS, waypoint ASDEV, I had my flaps at 5 just before I reached FJ519 and for some reason while I was at 4000 ft descending to 3000 the FD started to shake up and down up and down and the aircaft was following it and it made me go to stall then to flaps up speed then stall again this was happening on speed intervene on VNAV so I decided to switch mode to LVL CHG with hope it will stop however it didn't so I made the flaps 10 in hope that it will give me a better margin of speed, I had this problem until I catched 3000ft, then as if nothing happened it continued normal operation. My weights and etc were:

ZFW: 60.5
Reserve fuel: 1.3
Cost index: 12
CRZ FLT LVL: FL380
CG: 10.something with trim 7.38
Flaps 1 takeoff
Landing weight: 63.9
Landing flaps: 40
Vref: 140
Vapp: 145
Using ASN latest stable build
Everything was up to date.

Best,
Omer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertical bar FD issue :

I noticed that if i do not follow the FD vertical BAR, just continue my way, the vertical bar begins to move very slowly to the right or left direction and stop his moving. So if i do not make a turn, the FD bar stay like a parallel route, not move to the full left a right ?.

Not realistic,

Any idea?;

Thanks

Emmanuel
omera60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, with the latest files I'm having problems in both climb and descent, on the previous version the climb was ok compared to the current one but no change in descent also my engines started to go up and down again and like a idiot deleted the previous version of the files in both from server PC and vs PC, does anyone have the version of the files before the current one, if you do, I'd be greatfull if you can share it with me. Many thanks...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omer

I fly the 737, not sure which you fly.

I had a issue with engines fluctuating and a AP/FD in climb.
The new files fixed my engine fluctuations and also helped in reducing fluctuations in the vertical FD bar during climb.
I have had no issues in descent.

I think maybe there is something in our setup (FSX, Weather or something like that) as we all seem to be having different issues.

Michael

PS. I have the old 737 files put aside if you like I can email them to you.
vaidorge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

And how is your vertical bar?. It's moving until you turn or not?.
jf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all:

I have waited a bit to post this because I have not seen anybody report it.
I have migrated to the SysBoard interface and abandoned InterfaceIT, since it is no longer supported. Just to clarify, I do not have an Aft OHD panel but a fully wired FWD OHD. I also run the Revolution Pro Series TQ with a SIOC script originally provided by Revolution and modified by me. The script may be available upon request for peer review.

The hardware runs on high end QuadCore Intel
( one e for FSX which also runs ActiveSky Next, and one Sound Client, the second one runs the Sever, Flight Illusion software and the SysBoard Software. SIOC running the TQ also runs here. The Third One has two video cards and two 19 inch monitors and runs both the the CPT and FO PFD's and ND's with a second instance of the Sound pack, the fourth one runs the EICAS and MFD. Al these machines run Windows 7. The CPT CDU runs in an old HP machine with Windows XP and a second similar Machine runs the FO CDU ( not always on ).

Here is the problem. The Autothrottles, which worked perfectly under InterFaceIT and V 1.51, more often than not, fail to maintain speed on final approach with APP engaged, forget Autoland, also it may happen at cruise altitude, which requires disconnection of the AT. If the AP is disengaged and the FD's are reset, it may return to maintaining speed at altitude. No time to do this on final approach, or you crash. It requires AT and AP Disconnection to avoid it.

I have been able to do a complete approach, with no injected whether, and after a fresh install. It may or may not work depending on the severity of the whether. Try flying in the afternoon at KMIA and you will see.

The only thing I have not done is going back to V 1.51 and try.

A second issue is that the Autobrakes immediateley disengage upon touchdown if "manual braking disengage the autobrake" checkbox is selected.

Tks.

PS: AI forgot to mention that I have tried deactivating the EEC's and use the regular 088C and 0924 Throttle offsets, same problem.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Brakes:

Check on the Sim-A Server Under "Flight Controls" and then in"Flight Controls Config 2" if the Brakes are showing ON? Sounds like the calibration is not right. You should be able to see the Brakes full ON as 16383 and OFF with a 0. If they are not showing a 0 then as soon as you touch down the Brakes will go to Manual Braking. Have you calibrated them in FSUIPC?

On the Throttles:

"Flight Controls 2" Tab added in the "Flight Controls"
This is for selecting how your throttles will send the position informaiton to the Engine Controllers
There are different options for main throttle and reversers.
Select which option matches your setup.
Selections will be saved when the Server is Closed.
Hover you mouse over the selection for some more popup information.
jf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve:

I tried with V. 1.51, not only the A/P is stable, not with dancing horizontal GS bar but the Throttles works well and maintains speed..

I have not calibrated them in FSUIPC but I have done so using the Joystick Calibration routine within FS. They show 0 but it may be the brakes themselves.

I will experiment with the settings , but I am certain I have tried several settings. I will continue to experiment.

Thank you for your response.

JF
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this is a 1.56 topic. Please start a new Thread if you wish to continue.
jf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I posted a reference to 1.51 for comparison, since I needed to rule out of my code
in SIOC been buggy, and been responsible for the aforementioned acting of the autothrottles, and to clarify. The throttles maintains speed until flaps 15 is set, then they move to idle even though the indication in thrust mode as seen through the SIOC monitor is mode 7 ( for SPEED ), even then, the throttles are commanded to Idle.. It is still a 1.56 topic.

JF
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you check the values on : Aircraft Detail > Engine Details
Code:
FLT Idle N1 Calibration = 6
Flight = 21
Approach = 35
Max N1 = 105

Flight and Approach are the minimum N1 Idle values during this phase of flight.
These should automatically get updated when you select the "Update Autopilot Values in Existing Server Aircraft Configuration Files (Recommended)" checkbox on the installer.

They were originally absolute throttle positions : 0-16383
Now they are N1 % values.

If your Approach value is still around the 3500 mark then it's possibly causing a problem in the min idle calc, which is causing the throttles to be limited to 0.
jf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check. Thanks mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: