Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throttle Quadrant Thrust Offsets (1.56)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Throttle Quadrant Thrust Offsets (1.56) Reply with quote

Hi All -

I have a converted TQ that employs a SIOC script. With Version 1.56 there appears to be a number of changes that were introduced related to TQ thrust offsets and thrust modes etc. My question is how should my thrust modes be ideally configured at this point.

I am currently using 53E4/53E0/53E2 for my thrust offsets. However by clicking on "Ext Autothrottle Monitor" on the offset monitoring page I see that there are apparently new throttle offsets in use....52EA/52EB/52EC/52EE. 52EA and 52EB apparently are independent thrust ref modes for each throttle lever based on the values displayed....that could explain why I am seeing inconsistent commands sometimes for my left and right throttles.

Also, perusing through the SA server engine page menu I see that there is a hard coded "thrust limit" value that changes. What is that?

Also, I see that there is a thrust ref mode "9" that appears to be related to an "idle" condition. What is that? How is it triggered?

With 1.56 I found that I needed to widen my dead zones in my SIOC script to minimize increased "hunting" that was happening with my motorized lever function. Perhaps there is a better offset configuration that I should be using.

Elucidation on all this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred K
fordgt40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Can I add my voice to Fred`s post. I too have a motorised throttle running on SIOC and will shortly reconnect it. However, I am confused with all the recent changes and should welcome guidance on the appropriate offsets and control panel settings

Regards

David
gcuciti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, Mark!

Regards
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has changed on the output side, it's the inputs that have changed.

On the inputs :
Your thrust levers should now write 0-16383 to offsets
52FA and 52FC
You should then goto the Server > Flight controls page and select the second radio button on the Main Thottle CONFIG called "FDS Pro Throttle/SYS Controller Axis /SIOC"

For Reversers you can write -4096-0 to these same offsets.
You should select the 3rd radio button on the Reversers CONFIG.

In previous versions you were writing directly to the FS throttle levers (088C & 0924).
Now you are writing the commanded throttle position to the simulated EECs which in turn sends the target N1 to the auto throttle.

The output side remains the same.
COMMANDED_THROTTLE_L_POSITION=53E0
COMMANDED_THROTTLE_R_POSITION=53E2
THRUST_REF_MODE=53E4

If the value in 53E4 > 0 then
Engage motors and position to the 54E0/53E2 target value
Else
Disengage motors (manual throttles)

For information the thrust ref mode values are:
0 = manual
1 = TOGA
2 = CLB
3 = IDLE
4 = CON
5 = GA
6 = n/a
7 = Speed mode
8 = n/a
9 = HOLD / ARM

There is a checkbox called "Set Manual Throttle in HOLD Mode"
With this deselected the thrust ref mode will switch to 9 and the A/T will keep control of the throttles.
With this selected the thrust ref mode will switch to 0 and the A/T will switch to manual mode.

Generally if you have motorised throttles you 'can' enable this checkbox, as the throttle levers will be in the correct position when control is released.
If you do not have motorised throttles this should be deselected because when the A/T releases control, the engines will spool to whatever position you last left the throttles.
Fred

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark....Will look into all of that!

Fred
fordgt40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark

Great, just what I needed.

Many thanks

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: