Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Magenta drive me crazy; switching to Sim Avionics ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Project Magenta drive me crazy; switching to Sim Avionics ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm a user of Project Magenta since 5 years.

I can't say it does not work, but some stuff drive me crazy:
    no support anymore: the forum does not exist, the community seems to be dead.
    there is no complete guide, I have to search a long time before finding the working stuff.
    it can not be installed to a single powerfull computer: Project Magenta is an old program, and can't use multiple core of modern computer. I need to have 3 computer..

My goal is to have simple thing: one computer for the avionics part.

I need some advice about FDS community.

I have try many time Sim Avionics installed on a friend cockpit. I don't know if it was a bad configuration, a Issue, or something else, but, it was not possible to follow the FD for the landing for exemple.

I'm not a pilot expert, I just want to have some fun Very Happy

According to you, do you think it's a good deal to switch to Sim-Avionics ?

Could you please share your experience ?

Thanks for your help

Stephan
vaidorge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stephan

I suggest you to come home, i have now a wonderful and steady off configuration. Since 2 month ago, now i made a full flight without issues with sima. The FD is really funny. The software is mature, i think.

And for support, Mark is here and make a good job to solve issues. Always, he replied me and soluced issues. The beginnig was hard due to the language. But finally, we arrived.

A bientôt

Manu
HarryZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Project Magenta drive me crazy; switching to Sim Avionic Reply with quote

Hi Stehpan,

A couple of years ago I was in exactly the same position as you...had used PM for several years but found the support becoming less and less. I decided to use SimA and have not regretted it for one minute.

Everything on one good computer made a big difference and if I have a problem I contact Mark. He has helped me on more than one occasion.

I don't think you will regret making the change.
tugo31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might change to Sim A, but since im running PM with an overhead based on FSBUS CARDS (Poldragonet) i have to rewire all of it using FDS SYS CARDS to work with sim avionics and now i don't have time to do this.

The guys from PM doesn't update the software often, it takes more than 3 or 4 months to get one, and since October they lower the price of the complete suite to a lower price comparing with other software, but not giving the real support and updates needed, so i don't think its a good idea to get it even with the bargain.

I think its the end of the PROJECT MAGENTA era...... such a shame....

Regards

Juan
vaidorge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Just a precision, now Sima runs with a sysboard interface which is very easy to assign all switch button and leds. For me before i had fds card with interface it and i'm waiting for a long time to switch to sysboard. And i followed Marks intructions and finally i could assign everything -> the timing was about 4 o'clock (pedestal, ovhd, aft ovhd and mip).

So don't be afraid Wink

Emmanuel
slider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your ideas.

I will first buy a more powerfull computer (i7 with 16Gb) with multiple video card. Next I will trys the demo of Sim-Avionics and I will probably make the switch !

@vaidorge: I will call you later this week end take some news Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: