p3dv4 and orbweaver razer key pad

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

VE3ORE

p3dv4 and orbweaver razer key pad

Post by VE3ORE »

If you have a key pad from orbweaver and run P3D v4 you will know that there is an issue which causes P3Dv4 to hang.

In the past I have found that this key pad was a great alternative to a full sized key board for those special functions you need to program.

LockheadMartin say that the workaround is to switch the controls to DirectInput or to leave the device disconnected.

To switch the controls to DirectInput :
1. Unplug the device.
2. Start Prepar3D.
3. Goto Options > Controls > Other.
4. Choose the DirectInput option from the Input Method section.
5. Close Prepar3D.
6. Plugin the device.
7. Restart Prepar3D.

I wonder if anyone has tried this. My setup is very stable at the moment and I am worried this could effect my other USB connected input devices.

Any feedback or suggestions welcome.

Andy

VE3ORE

Update

Post by VE3ORE »

No takers on this subject so fingers crossed I switched to direct input and all seems to be ok and the keypad works as expected so that's good.

Now I just have to make it look a bit more like something that could be found on a flight deck! Definitely painting it Boeing grey

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

You also may find that type of panel (or similar) on EBay for less than a hundred, and link the keys to a joystick card and program whatever function you wish with FSUIPC...After a good cleanup looks more "avionic-ish" than a keypad.

Another one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-CDU-Cont ... yS&vxp=mtr
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

VE3ORE

Post by VE3ORE »

Thanks, Jack, that's a great idea. I followed the link you posted and bought that control unit which I am sure I can adapt for the purpose.

Thanks