Home made overhead

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

gsumner

Home made overhead

Post by gsumner »

Eventually I will progress to an FDS 737 overhead but until then I'm trying to build my own for now.

I have the panel made and now adding switches. For simpliciy and cost I'm using Leo Bodnor cards for my switches.These are quite cheap and require no soldering. What I am interested to know is, is the an equivelanet sys board I can use for LEDs that is compatible with sim avionics setup software.

I know FDS make excellent sysboards but for now at least they are beyond my budget especially as I'm quite new to this kind of stuff.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Graham

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hmm so you can use Leo Bodnar boards to input switch commands with Sim Avionics ?

Michael
:shock:
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

My humble opinion
Makeshift and temporary solutions end up costing more than expected with questionable results.

The sysboards are worth their cost.
Direct feed of the leds (no resistor needed) and immediate ident of all leds and switches circuits without having to tag all wires.
The magic of it shows when you have to assign functions (in and out) just a click on the list showing on the screen.
If you use SimA the decision is a no brainer.

IMHO again
Jack
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

FDS boards are the best choice. I know that but the bodnar cards are non solder and only £30 for 32 inputs. Inputs are a primary concern just now. Output LED functionally is under consideration.

Michael.
Bodnar cards emulate joysticks with 32 buttons so you can assign them in Fsuipc.

Thanks
Graham

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Thanks Graham

I thought so.

I did try to do some assignments in SimA SysBoard Controller with a Leo Bodnar card that I had connected to the same PC but SysBoard Controller comes up with an Input Error.

Leo Bodnar cards are not compatible with Sim Avionics for inputs.

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

They're compatible Michael if you know the switch offset in SimA. You then just assign the switch to the offset in Fsuipc.

It's just not compatible perhaps assigning them directly through the SimA software.

Graham

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Oh, Okay Graham

I see there's more research required on my part.

Cheers
Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

You could use this to see an example.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/foru ... 3322b31360

Graham

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

Two Leo Bodnar cards used.

Thorsten77

Post by Thorsten77 »

Obviously, FDS board is the best choice! So you can try these LEDs on your board. It's not a too much expensive!