Transponder and PilotEdge

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Winstonc

Transponder and PilotEdge

Post by Winstonc »

I am getting near making my first flight with my 737 on PilotEdge and was wondering whether the FDS transponder unit send the corr ct information required for pilot edge, or Mode C etc.

Thanks

David

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Pretty sure it does, I have flown a few times on Pilot Edge and didn't hear of any issues. Full sims using Sim-A.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

hillryanc

Post by hillryanc »

Use it every night. No problems.

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Great! Thanks guys.

David

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

I have just been checking my Transponder with Keith at PilotEdge and it appears to be largely working (Mode C shows with TA/RA and XPNDR On). Squawk code shows, but ident does not work - any ideas

David

hillryanc

Post by hillryanc »

Nope, sorry. Mark Hastings from Sim-A may have thoughts.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

I suggest a new post in the Sim-A Forum. Mark may not read all the other Sections of the Forum.

The XPNDR will likely be showing an Input but what the actually output in FSUIPC or Sim-Connect is Mark will know.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)