CFY TW software installation

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Flyboy2

CFY TW software installation

Post by Flyboy2 »

Question to any user of CFY TQ: which computer did you install the CFY software on? (P3D or Sim-A). I have installed CFY console software on my P3D computer but the CFY console will not connect to Sim-A although it recognizes P3D-V4. I am using a local Ethernet network switch between the CFY TQ and the two PC's. The latest CFY instructions states to install on the FS computer. I also have now tried to install CFY on my Sim-A PC but the CFY software crashes on that PC. (I have sent a query to Torsten but no response so far and so wondering what others have done).

Thanks,

Gordon
Arizona

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hello Gordon

I have my CFY Console and VJoy installed on my Sim A PC
Had this configuration since first installation and it works just fine.
TQ is network connection so only have software installed on ONE PC as it can interfere with the system.

I have had no problem with connection of TQ using this configuration

Also, if you are updating CFY Console software make sure that you UNINSTALL old version first.

Cheers
Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Please refer to this short manual:

http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/C ... 0Setup.pdf

I don't have one to test with but this is what we have done in the past.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Flyboy2

Post by Flyboy2 »

Thanks Steve and Michael - it works great now that I deleted all previous CFY software and re-installed on the Sim-A PC. The instructions state to install on the "FS" computer, I had assumed that this meant the P3D PC. This TQ adds a fun additional dimension to the sim experience, it's very cool to watch the auto-throttle move the throttle arms.

Appreciate your help, thanks!

Gordon
Arizona

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hey Gordon

Glad you got it working, yes it certainly does add a gratifying dimension to sim flying.

The CFY Installation instructions can be a bit confusing and I have also found them to be somewhat incomplete (particularly in the Trim Wheel-Autopilot Setup) .

Have fun mate

Cheers
Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8