Overhead question

This Forum is designed to support and assist in the use of any/all FDS related Interface products.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

memeyer

Overhead question

Post by memeyer »

I bought the FDS-SXS1X circuit board to wire my own overhead about 4 months ago. It. worked perfectly until yesterday. All switches, leds, etc. etc. were working correctly. Yesterday when I took a short flight, while still on the ground, the leds started blinking, approximately 1 second between blinks. Once in the air the lights went off as was normal. After the flight, I un-plugged the overhead, and replugged it in after the flight. Now, the lights AND the overhead do NOT WORK AT ALL. Avionics computer SCREEN indicates the the FDS-SX1X "board is expected but dis-connected". I have checked the USB connection and it seems to be correct, as a matter of fact, the board gives the normal disconnect and connect "sounds."
Any thoughts, did the board short out,???? any help is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
malcolmmeyer2014@gmail.com

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Hi Malcolm,

Do you see the SYScard in the Avionics software? What Avionics software are you running?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

Sim-Avionics:SYSBoard Contoller-Version 184
Yes the FDS-SYS1X board is showing up in the SYS Controller on the Avionics Computer. It is showing up with a red highlight over it. The actual words on the Red is: "BOARD EXPECTED BUT MISSING"

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

That means it is missing and not connected.

Yellow is a new card. (Needs to be saved)

White is what you see when saved and connected.

Steve
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

Steve,
Yes, That's what doesn't make any sense. The other active boards in the Controller ARE white. I have checked, re-checked and checked the connections numerous times to the FDS-SYS1X board. The board IS connected. I even checked the power supply to the board with a volt meter, and it is working. I even moved the USB connection from a hub and plugged it directly into the avionics computer, and after all of this the board is still NOT being recognized.
Is there some way that I can check the board to see if it is someway corrupted OR incapable of working? Thanks again, sorry to be a pain!

jemac3

Post by jemac3 »

I had a similar issue on an earlier release and was instructed by Mark to go into the system board interface under file and select save attached board status which cleared the issue for me. Maybe something to try

Jimmy Mac

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

JMac,
Tried your suggestion, No luck, Thanks anyway