Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorised TQ
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Motorised TQ Reply with quote

Hi to all,
I was wondering if any of you kind enthusiast could give me some advice on an upgrade I'd like to do.
I am wanting to upgrade my Jetmax TQ to a motorised version, and with there being a few available in the market, I was wondering which one would better suit my Jetmax setup. Ideally, it would be one that is a straight replacement without too much work making it fit. I can't seem to find one on the FDS site, so I thought they would probably buy them in ready built. I didn't want to presume too much and cheekily ask Peter what I could use, hence me asking the community.
I've searched through this forum, but the topic seems to be non existent. Is there anyone who could give me a little guidance on this?
Kind Regards
Nigel Bilton
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel

Motoriised TQ is complicated.
FDS do total Sim Builds and by looks of it they supply motorised tq in that package so maybe ask Peter if they can supply one for you?

As for the rest, depending on what avionics suite you use will govern as to what unit is best compatible to that suite and then comes the price factor and then you have to look at the features of the tq (what is simulated) how it will fit into your sim and finally, how reputable is the supplier as you will be spending a large chunk of money.

Motorised TQ does add a lot of realism to the Sim though and is a good investment.

Michael
sacrayton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Cockpits offers a 737 motorized TQ, part number MEC-TH737. Their products are compatible with Sim-A as indicated in the Sim-A software package. But I suggest confirmation with Peter and OpencockPits.

Stephen
Nige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Nigel

Motoriised TQ is complicated.
FDS do total Sim Builds and by looks of it they supply motorised tq in that package so maybe ask Peter if they can supply one for you?

As for the rest, depending on what avionics suite you use will govern as to what unit is best compatible to that suite and then comes the price factor and then you have to look at the features of the tq (what is simulated) how it will fit into your sim and finally, how reputable is the supplier as you will be spending a large chunk of money.

Motorised TQ does add a lot of realism to the Sim though and is a good investment.

Michael

Thank you Michael,
Yes, I can imagine they add to the realism greatly, which is why I was looking into buying one. I will see if Peter will help me here, but I know he is always very busy.
I have been looking at motorised TQ's from 'Cockpit for you' based in Germany. They do support Sim-Avionics, which is what I am using, but I am a little concerned on whether the unit will fit the base unit I have installed now, or if the base unit they supply, will fit my Jetmax 737 setup. I have asked the question with Cockpit for you, but they are not able to confirm or deny suitability. As you point out, they are a costly item, so I want it to fit without me having to cut and carve my build around! I also have the steering tiller, which uses a connection from my Jetmax TQ, so I want to be able to still use that!
Do you have a motorised TQ Michael? I have seen your participation in the FDS forums over the couple of years I've been a user, but I'm not sure what set up you have.
Thanks for your input
Kind Regards
Nigel
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait to see what we are working on here. Steve (Cos) gets the first one...
No info to share until that happens and we are ready to roll.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
Nige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sacrayton wrote:
Open Cockpits offers a 737 motorized TQ, part number MEC-TH737. Their products are compatible with Sim-A as indicated in the Sim-A software package. But I suggest confirmation with Peter and OpencockPits.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
Thank you for helping out. I have seen this TQ from Open Cockpits, and I have downloaded their info pack to see if there were any engineering drawings of the unit. I can see a couple of drawings but nothing with any real dimensional accuracy. I believe this particular TQ is actually supplied by 'Cockpit for you' out of Germany. They have a few TQ's of varying functions which increase with price, but they do look very nice indeed.
Tell me Stephen, do you own one of these TQ's? Can you give me any advice before I spend the money?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Nigel
Nige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
I would wait to see what we are working on here. Steve (Cos) gets the first one...
Peter

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your input. Couldn't you give me a little snippet to wet my appetite? That's very cruel of you to dangle that carrot Laughing At least can you give me a time frame for when this is going to happen?
I am wanting to get myself one for Christmas! It's two years this Christmas since we were corresponding and I purchased my Jetmax from you Shocked Blimey! how time fly's by!!
Kind Regards
Nigel
Jetcos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need an game controller like our FC1 to continue using the Tiller. The game controller in the JetMax TQ operates the Tiller.
Nige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcos wrote:
You will need an game controller like our FC1 to continue using the Tiller. The game controller in the JetMax TQ operates the Tiller.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your input. I will look into purchasing an FC1

Can you elaborate on what Peter dropped about you getting the first? at least as a timeline...........I'm eager to get a motorised TQ and I'm home in a few weeks and I only get a two week window before I'm away again, so I'd love to be able to get one for when I get home Laughing

Kind Regards

Nigel
747sim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcos wrote:
Peter

oooh interesting .... Cool where's mine haha Razz
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel

In short, I do have a CFYTQ
No it doesn't fit on existing JetMax base.
You really only have one choice and that is to remove JetMax base and use the stand that is supplied with CFYTQ and adapt to your rig.
If you have JetMax OH you will have overbalance problem and the whole thing could tip over, you have to engineer something to counteract this.
As advised, tiller will have to be connected to alternate IO card.
If you do go down the line of a CFY unit please research purchase location as Supply/Delivery can become a very lengthy process.

To sum up, Motorised TQ is a very good add to the sim (I wouldn't be without it now)

My advice is to wait and see what FDS come out with as per Peter's comments, I am going to be watching with serious interest.

Michael
sacrayton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel,

To answer your question, I do not own one of the TQ's in question. I am in the midst of barely building my cockpit. Soon to arrive will be my Max DST, and I am currently building one of two new PC's to run the cockpit.

Regards,
Stephen
Nige

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Nigel

In short, I do have a CFYTQ
No it doesn't fit on existing JetMax base.
You really only have one choice and that is to remove JetMax base and use the stand that is supplied with CFYTQ and adapt to your rig.
If you have JetMax OH you will have overbalance problem and the whole thing could tip over, you have to engineer something to counteract this.
As advised, tiller will have to be connected to alternate IO card.
If you do go down the line of a CFY unit please research purchase location as Supply/Delivery can become a very lengthy process.

To sum up, Motorised TQ is a very good add to the sim (I wouldn't be without it now)

My advice is to wait and see what FDS come out with as per Peter's comments, I am going to be watching with serious interest.

Michael

Hi Michael,
Thank you for the advice. I did do a little research on the CFYTQ and I did find a very good review of a fellow simmer adding it to his Jetmax 737. He also mentioned about the TQ base acting as a support for the OVHD if fitted. I do have the OVHD from Jetmax fitted, so it was good I read his review.
He also mentioned about delivery issues!! I think you are right, I think I will wait and see what the Brothers Cos are coming out with Very Happy
It does sound very interesting, although I'm desperate to get a motorised TQ
I only hope they don't take too long Confused
Nige

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sacrayton wrote:
Nigel,

To answer your question, I do not own one of the TQ's in question. I am in the midst of barely building my cockpit. Soon to arrive will be my Max DST, and I am currently building one of two new PC's to run the cockpit.

Regards,
Stephen

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your reply. I hope you fulfil your dream sooner rather than later!!

Regards
Nigel
sacrayton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on it. I have two kids in college. Makes things rather tight. But I will definitely get there! Laughing

Regards,

Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: