Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miami Approach XP11 and Sim-A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Miami Approach XP11 and Sim-A Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Fixed my network issue and decided to burn some virtual fuel. Here is an approach into Miami.

https://youtu.be/V1DmZeUI70I

Mike
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you....makes me wonder ? ...XP
N737AG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it personally about 2 weeks ago Jack. Looks awesome - Mike did an incredible work. The devil in the back of my brain is starting to compete with the angel.
787 George

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
It's looking really, really good.
Can you tell us two things?
1. What doesn't work in X-Plane 11 and the your flight deck?
2. What add-ons are you running with X-Plane?

Thanks, keep up the outstanding work.
George
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Looks like my videos may get better. I just picked up a new ultra wide lens for my Sony A7II camera, I saved over $70 bucks.

What I have in XPlane so far.

1. I can run from cold and dark to up and running with a couple modifications on the server computer. I must have APU with Bleed air up and running (on server) with the packs off. Everything on the flight deck is cold and dark, switches are in their correct position. NOTE: Xplane does NOT save panel states, so I must do this manually every time I start up xplane.

2. I can use all of my saved flight plans from P3D and load them into the FMC, they display on the ND correctly. HOWEVER, my MCP is not working at this time!!! I had it working with the zibo mod in the past, but I cannot figure it out for some reason. Something changed somewhere along the way and I can't find it. I do all my flights by hand right now, but she trims out nicely.

3. I did have issues with my yoke pulling the aircraft toward the ground on short final, but that is now gone and the yoke is working fine.

4. Throttle quad works with the following issues. Throttles seem to jump a little as though they are spiking or getting commands from somewhere and are being countermanded. Doesn't affect the flight at all, just annoying I cannot find the problem. The Flaps do the same, seem to spike slightly so I get "flaps transit" every now and then from Sim-A. Again just more annoying than anything else. Same holds true for the takeoff config alarm, that just started popping up, so I'll have to look at that as well.

5. Switches in general. Some work, some don't, some work incorrectly. For instance I had to remove the Multifunction 53DB from the IO file, it caused issues and had to be removed.

I believe if I can get the switches in the zibo mod to reflect those of the flight deck via addresses in the FS_IO file with datarefs and/or commands we could use the 3D panels as a check to confirm all switches in Sim-A are working correctly. I believe any changes/updates to xplane won't affect the zibo mod as long as the commands/datarefs don't change for Zibo itself. Note I have not removed ANY plugins in my testing, zibo is 100% in tact with some changes I've made via plane maker.

6. EFIS panel works fine in XP11, all I get on the MCP now is the Capt course selector matches that of the zibo mod, nothing else working as of yet.

7. Pedestal seems to work fine except my Rudder Trim, the module won't load. Note, the trim still works in XP11 though.

The only addons I am using is the Zibo mod 737 aircraft, an altered night lites file and Ortho Photoreal Florida. Note: All are FREEWARE. All I paid for so far is KMIA airport that I don't use. Night taxi lighting is WAY OFF (waiting on a fix) and KLAX from MisterX that looks OUTSTANDING!

If I missed anything, just ask.

Sorry Axel the sim was giving me network issues the day you guys were over and I had to use one screen at lower settings. I had a nice time seeing you guys again.

Axel if you are in the neighborhood again stop by, all three screens are now up and running in 4K.

Mike

Last edited by Michael_B767_ATP on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
787 George

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thank you sir, I appreciate you taking the time to not only reply to my post but for ALL the time you and others here have spent trying to getting thinks working in X-Plane.
George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: