Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vulcan & Xplane 11 - Will it get better than this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Vulcan & Xplane 11 - Will it get better than this? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I was told that running 30fps/30hz would make the sim seem as though it was lumbering along. I have to admit, I never checked into this myself so I decided to see what an aircraft with an afterburner could do to. If the sim could keep up with that, it should have no problem keeping up with an airliner.

So I decided to take out an F4/II and have a look for myself.

My Xplane11 setup is locked @ 30FPS, monitors @ 30HZ at a resolution of 3840x2160.

Keep in mind I am NOT running 2180TI's or 9900K's @ 5GHz and she still performs VERY WELL at afterburner speed.

The following graphic settings are in play: Visual Effects: High (HDR), Texture Quality: Maximum, Antialiasing: 4x SSAA, Number of World Objects: Maximum, Reflection Details: Minimal, Shadow on scenery checked.

Xplane is almost maxed out as far as settings, I can only imagine what will happen once Vulcan is fully released.

Anyone know if P3D is working on Vulcan or its equivalent?

I had white knuckles along the way. She is 100% afterburner the entire time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-L66aOCH8M
Jblas320

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: IMPRESSIVE!!! Reply with quote

Michael,

Can you re-run that test with all the avionics and multiple displays running alongside?

Pretty sure I'm sold on XP-11. Would love to see the results as mentioned above.

JB
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can re-run the test for you with the deck up, just keep in mind that SIM-A switches are "NOT" working (some work/most don't) correctly in XP11. If you are not ready to tinker and spend time (right now I'm still not sure if it will work in its present state) working out problems, you'd be better off staying with P3D for the time being.

There are a few of us that are looking into XPlane (I've completely removed P3D from my setups, I hand fly for now) and some progress has been made. I have no plans of giving up on Xplane, I even offered a reward for anyone that has the ability to get this done and/or knows of interface software that works with XP.

I believe that is why I have someone from the xplane forums helping out. He has created a couple of monitoring programs that intercept what is being sent and received (FSUIPC_IO/XPUIPC/XPUIPCOFFSETS) when switches are being thrown.

I'm waiting on one more monitoring program and then testing will continue.

I'll get that video online shortly and I'll keep you posted of any progress.

As a side note for those following along. I now have the MCP Capt. Course selector and IAS/MACH working... All other mcp switches are dead at this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: