Dawn,Dusk,Night Lighting Approaches-KALB,KBOS,KBUF,KEWR,KLGA

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

Michael_B767_ATP

Dawn,Dusk,Night Lighting Approaches-KALB,KBOS,KBUF,KEWR,KLGA

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi Everyone,

Put together this little video showing off the night lighting on approach. This video contains KALB, KBOS, KBUF, KEWR, KJFK and KLGA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6vTqzPVSiQ

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

real nice ....
Did you manage to source the double GPWS altitude announcement.
I have them (rarely though)
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Michael_B767_ATP

FMOD Script

Hi Jack,

Yeah, I now have a java script where I can go into FMOD sound file and remove sounds with just a click. I removed all of the switch and cover clicks and what not.

Also, I couldn't figure out why she seemed so slow on the roll outs in NY. Now I know, I was about 10 to 15 feet in the air on touchdown.

It didn't feel right nor did the view look as what I was used to, I didn't realize I still had drzewiecki NY airports in the server computer after removing them from the visuals. Problem solved, user error. 8-)

AS A SIDE NOTE: This is XPLANE 11, keep forgetting to put that in the text.

Michael_B767_ATP

Additional Approaches: KORF,KIAD,KBWI and KPHL

Hi Everyone,

Some additional approaches, today we visit KORF, KIAD, KBWI and KPHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_J4Tnb7uP4&t=6s

Jblas320

Post by Jblas320 »

Michael I just love your enthusiasm and especially your videos.

Only thing I would comment about is that the airports are way too bright on approach. I often watch the on board videos my father made for me while on approach to CYYZ and its quite dark until the middle marker.

Please keep sharing these videos. I love XP11!!!

JB

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi JB,

Thanks.... When I'm feeling good, I spend hours in the garage tinkering with XP and SimA. I'm hoping one day they will work hand in hand, in the mean time I hand fly all my flights.

On a good note, my flying skills have gotten much better with all this hand flying. :lol:

Not sure if I can decrease the airport lighting effects without affecting the street areas as well. I'll keep looking!

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi JB,

You got me messing with my lights again. :D Looks like this is as good as I'm going to get it, any changes trying to get airport lighting lower messes with street lighting.

I could be missing something as well, I'll keep looking into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXK46BdgDPE&t=5s

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

Some screen shots heading into KJFK, the lighting is dialed in nice now!

Jblas320

Post by Jblas320 »

That's incredible! Holy moly. :D

Michael thank you so much.

My father and I are in the planning aspects of our sim. I tend to lean towards visuals while dad is adamant about hardware.

We watch your video's together over and over and dad is mostly commenting during your pre-departure configuring. I, on the other hand, am ooohing and awwwwing once your airborne.

Please keep sharing.

JB :lol:

Jblas320

Post by Jblas320 »

Michael I have to say I've watched that last video over and over and I'm not sure how much more realistic you can make it. Kudo's!

JB

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

Been trying to dull out the lights in the distance. I think I'm just about there, this was taken at 11K.

I'm looking for that dull orange you see in the distance instead of the bright lighting I was getting.

Getting there