Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio - COM2 Not Active

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstei255

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Radio - COM2 Not Active Reply with quote

I have one of the Jetmax Multi Nav/Comm units - I'm using P3D (V4.5) and noticed today that while COM1, NAV1, and NAV2 work fine I can't get COM2 to work. I can input and change frequencies but cannot get COM2 to go active. Is there a setting I am missing to activate COM2? Thank you. Chuck

Edit - I should note this was true w/ 4.4 as well - it's not due to 4.5 upgrade. C.

Update - I use Pilot2ATC - so to test today I connected my headphones directly to the P3D machine using P3D ATC w/ the same result.

I also went into the SYSBoard - I tested if the software would recognize the COM2 button when assigning the Multicom under the Radio Assignments tab - that worked so the COM2 button is being seen. I also checked under the Input Assignments just to be sure - Radio TRF COM2 PUSHED gives you 'Jetmax Multicom:XXXXXXX 3 ON....the same you get for all assignments which makes sense as the unit would have been assigned in the other tab.

Possible I'm expected it to work and it shouldn't - I looked up the unit on the Azure Air website and it says it's a dual channel unit - but I may be misinterpreting or it may have changed at some point.

Thx.
Banananav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck

Try this - it worked for me:

You can select to receive from both COM1 and COM2 in your FS default flight file.

The Line is

ComReceiveBoth=False

Replace False with True if you want to receive on COM2

NB it is the FS Default Flight File, not the S-A AC Config File ( I made that mistake)

Rgds

Chris

Jetmax 737 & TQ
P3D 4.5
Banananav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck
"Belay the last Pipe"
It worked in FSX but I have just looked at P3D v4.4 and the default flight files are .FXML which I have no idea how to edit.
Chris

Jetmax 737 & TQ
P3D 4.5
Banananav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck
.fxml can be edited in notepad
the line is towards the bottom in the avionics section
do let me know how you get on
Rgds
Chris

Jetmax 737 & TQ
P3D 4.5
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also have to check or uncheck something in SimA. There was a post from Mark on that, somewhere.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this from Mark:

The Sim-A Server takes command of the FS Audio Panel.

Under the [FSUIPC_INPUTS] section there are some audio panel functions:
ADF_1_VOL=
ADF_2_VOL=
MKR_VOL=
NAV_1_VOL=
NAV_2_VOL=
VHF_1_VOL=
VHF_2_VOL=
VHF_TRANSMIT_2=

You can assign offsets to these functions and setting the offset value to 0 or 1 will switch on/off the appropriate switch on the FS audio panel and the assiciated sound trigger.

Therefore to hear the Marker sounds the MKR_VOL= value must = 1 to enable it on the FS audio panel.

FS must transmit on either COM1 of COM2 so by default COM1 is active is the offset value assigned to VHF_TRANSMIT_2= is set to 1 then the transmit will switch to COM2. Setting this value to 0 will revert the transmit back to COM1.

There was also a recent addition to the Sound Module to allow it to play the Morse Code identifiers.
To enable it, edit the Sound\CONFIG.INI and set
[SOUND]
MORSE_CODE_VOLUME=100 (<---- greater than 0)

You can now turn the "NAVIGATION" sounds down in FS and the sound module will play the tuned navaid morse ident if the appropriate _VOL is set on the FS audio panel.

This allows you to run a sound module on a seperate computer connected to your cockpit headphones and play morse code via the headphones rather than through the FS speakers.

If you don't want to do any of theis there is also a checkbox on the Server Control Panel Tab "Use Internal I/O Radio Function". If this is deselected the Server will not write to the FS Audio Panel.

Hope this Helps

cstei255

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banananav wrote:
Chuck
.fxml can be edited in notepad
the line is towards the bottom in the avionics section
do let me know how you get on
Rgds
Chris

Thank you - I was able to make the change - will need to be at home to test. I also will look into Jackpilot's suggestions.

Chuck
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us posted. Useful tip.
cstei255

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beyond my skills so I have been referencing page 48 and 49 in the manual as well as Mark's post above to learn as much as I can. You will be able to tell where I am lost by the questions/comments below.

I am not using Pilot2ATC for this test as it is networked from a third computer and its manual states that P2A COM 2 doesn't work w/ all software. So I am using ATC out of P3D and once I get COM 1 & 2 working I'll deal w/ P2A.

Also, I have two computers - P3D on one machine and Sim-Avionics on another. Currently, if I have COM1 punched on my Multi Nav/Comm and I change frequencies in P3D my frequency in COM1 on the Multi Nav/Comm will change which tells me the two systems are talking w/ each other - but I am still unable to get COM 2 to go active.

What I have done:

1) In C:\Users\Chuck\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 I changed to = True...<Property Name="ComReceiveBoth" Value="True" />
2) Selected 'Use Internal Audio Control Panel' on Main/Control Panel in Sim-Avionics Server
3) Selected 'Use INPUT Offsets', Use OUTPUT Offsets, and 'Process Switch Update on Offset Change Only' under FSUIPC Interface in Sim-Avionics Server

Under [FSUIPC_INPUTS] offset/value - see below - I'm definitely confused on 'where' to type in the offset and what value and/or offset to use.

I believe this was already populated in the FSUIPC I/O Interface - and from Mark's post and page 49 it looks correct to me.

Per Mark's post - "...to hear the Marker sounds the MKR_VOL= value must = 1 to enable it on the FS audio panel". All of the VOL= values are 1 and it has assigned offsets 5300 and 5301 to VHF_TRANSMIT _1/2.

From page 48 of the manual "Tell your I/O software to write a value to a FSUIPC offset when a button is pressed and then assign that offset to a function in the Sim-Avionics Server." I believe the image below shows that VHF_TRANSMIT_1/2 are assigned the offsets 5300 and 5301. If correct, how do I tell the I/O software to write a value to those offsets? I tested by trying to assign the COM 2 button in the server Input Assignments tab by hitting COM 2 and Assign 1, but kept getting 'Select an Assignable Button First'.

To test I changed 5300 to 5305 and saved/reloaded and the value 5305 appeared in the FSUIPC_IO config file (not the FSUIPC_IO_JETMAX config file - since I am using a Jetmax is there a chance I am saving to the incorrect file?)

Pls see image:

The same options for MKR_VOL through VHF Trasmit appear further down the list under [FSUIPC_OUTPUTS] in the FSUIPC I/O Interface tab - which for now I have done nothing which could be my issue. Is this where I need to assign a value for the offsets 5300 and 5301?

Mark has a FSUIPC guide that digs further into the workings of the software - I'm off to it and do some more reading.

Any help - as always - is greatly appreciated. C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: