Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS-XP ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: FDS-XP ? Reply with quote

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51240-fdstoxp/
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Xplane and FDS takes another step closer to maybe full compatibility.

NOTE: The scripts will only work with the zibo mod.

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Update: Looks like I have everything I need to begin testing. I'll keep you posted. Jack have you looked at the scrips yet?
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck on my end so far, been at it a few hours now.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: XP11 Progress Update - Great News Today Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just spent numerous hours online with the gentlemen that developed the FDStoXP script setup. I can tell you first hand, the man has the patients of a saint!

I can say that really good progress has been made tonight! The Capt. CDU now works, it matches that of the zibo mod 737NG Very Happy

The MCP is just about fully working as well, looks like all that is left is to get the solenoid for the A/T working.

Once that's done, then it's on to the F/O CDU and EFIS panels.

NOTE: ALL zibo plugins are installed.
PatSim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After flying at Mike’s place in XP11 using ZIBOMOD, ZHSI & Duncan’s Scripts I’ve changed my Sim Religion. I purchased X-Plane 11 almost two years ago and never could get it to work in my FDS B738 until now. I patiently waited for SA to provide a solution which never came. The shift to X-Plane is real as indicated by the previous two EXPO’s in KLAS & KMCO where the “show of hands” for P3D to XP moved from 60/40 to 45/55 with a insignificant FSX showing. I would of paid SA (or anyone) for a new X-Plane FDS License but the interest to provide a solution to get my FDS into XP wasn’t forthcoming. I’m thinking this was not a technical challenge as much as a monetary choice of developers based on the lack of X-Plane core base, which is changing remarkably. With the many hours of Michael holding my provibrial hands and his telephone support I’m now flying X-Plane 11 in VATSIM on my FDS B738 in the ZIBOMOD with CDU’s, MCP, EFIS’s. Pedestal, OH & Glass Screens. Am I pleased with XP? Let’s just say without a very compelling technical challenge which I don’t see forthcoming P3Dead is a fond memory. Again thanks to Duncan “Pikit
X-Plane 11, B738 ZiboMod, ZHSI, “Duncan” script
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

It was great finally meeting you at the Expo and having you stay at the guest house, I had a blast. I'm looking forward to Vegas next year, even though Boeing was not represented at the Expo in Orlando.

I'm also glad to see that you are well on your way into using X-Plane.

Personally I believe the differences between the two sims are night and day and the gap between the two is just getting larger. With X-Plane having the advantage of being able to load so much more data than P3D. Keep in mind we haven't even seen all the benefits from Vulcan and Metal just yet so it may get even better.

Now take into account X-plane is using its user base (what a great idea) to create airports with their WED program that will be "incorporated (no separate/individual downloads) into the sim itself", I can only imagine the spread between the two sims getting exponentially larger over time as new airports are added to the sim.

I'm sure/hoping in the not-to-distant future we'll all have a Sim-A option to use in X-Plane. Which I believe is a good thing. Since ZHSI is no longer around/available for download, support and new features will not be forthcoming. Unless Andre finds a way to license the software, which I believe he is in the procss of doing.

Flight Simming doesn't get any better than this... Unless you're in a multi-million dollar simulator.
belisba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Looking to XP11 Reply with quote

Gents,

I'd like to take the path you are blazing and move to XP11 on my JetMax setup. Can you offer any advice for getting to the level you have taken things or do you think its best to sit back and wait until more trees are cut down along the trail..?

Great job!

Brad/Texas
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad,

Believe it or not, the hardest part of the conversion (thanks to fdstoxp) is finding ZHSI.

It's a freeware program that was pulled from X-plane just about the beginning of the year. It allows the glass (PFD,ND,MFD and what-not) screens from X-plane to be run/displayed on any computer.

I have seen ZHSI pop up from time to time on various google drive locations, but it doesn't last very long. If you are lucky enough to find and download ZHSI, the rest should be far less difficult to get going... with a few people here that are now familiar with setting up the fdstoxp scripts, you should have all the additional help you may need.

If you are fortunate enough to find ZHSI, you're going to love XP11.

Good Luck
Jblas320

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its freeware why not share instead of making folks hunt?

JB
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Because Andre, creator of ZHSI pulled the program from the freeware realm.

Don't know all the details, but from what I understand it's due to someone using his freeware software to make money.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good News.... ZHSI is now Open Source!!!

https://gitlab.com/sum1els737/ZHSI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: