Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nav and strobe lights - Resolved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rigilkent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Nav and strobe lights - Resolved Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Is there a way to have the nav and strobe lights turning on and off independently?
Although they are correctly assigned to the corresponding switch/toggle in the SYSboard controller it seems that turning nav on/off also operates the strobe lights.

If nav lights are off, toggling the strobe lights to on does not do anything.
Same if nav lights are on. Turning strobe off does not work.
Is this how the current exterior models for the B777 works or am I missing something? I tried to play around with the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg but with no success.
Beacon, logos, and all other lights are fine. Only strobe and nav lights appear ‘bundled’ together...

Thanks,

Last edited by Rigilkent on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rigilkent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was finally able to figure this out. So resolved.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrea , always nice to explain your solution ...
Thank you. Wink
Rigilkent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course.

So the problem as I understood it is that for the B777 sim-a is using the POSKY model for the exterior.

In that model the wing lights (nav and strobe) are not cfg points that you can manipulate and manouvre around via the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg but are embedded in the model itself (reason for this is that the POSKY model has some sort of wing flex and so having the lights as cfg points would make them float when the wing flex).

So instead of working with the cfg file you need to edit the modeldef.xml.
In there I noticed that both the nav lights and the strobe lights had the same visibility condition (the visibility condition is basically what assigns it to the FS switches and button) to the nav switch (vis_nav_lights).
So all I did was to change the vis condition for the strobes to the strobe visibility condition (vis_strobe_lights). And voila!

You need to download the P3d SDK module though otherwise it won't let you save the modeldef.xml once you edited it.

All this said, I don't think this is relevant for those flying the 737 as I believe sim-a uses the native fsx/p3d flight model which did not have the issue...
kand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Andrea, perhaps you could share this update to Mark for the next release?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: