Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undocking CDU PMDG with SLI issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shylock_7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Undocking CDU PMDG with SLI issue Reply with quote

So new customer here and first post here. Let me start by saying the two products I have bought from FDS, man they’re amazing. The quality of these components is by far the best I’ve ever seen in our community. I bought the 737 CDU and 737 Oxygen panel to start getting more detailed for my simply.

I use p3dv4.5 with the hotfix on a high end system. My PC specs are:

CPU- i7-8086k delided overclocked to a tested stable 5.2 ghz water cooled so highest temps under heavy load hit about 62 degrees.
GPU- EVGA 1080ti FTW in SLI not overclocked
RAM- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 in XMP
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
Monitor- LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K UHD LED Monitor, running at 3840 x 2160

So my problem is that while in the PMDG 737NG once I undock the CDU my FPS goes from a solid 60 locked FPS down to 5-6 FPS. I close the undocked CDU and FPS goes right back up to a solid 60. So after some messing around and testing I found by disabling SLI I don’t experience the FPS drop when undocking the window and moving it to the FDS CDU. But running on one card cause a slide show and makes it un-flyable.

Anybody else run SLI and ever experience this before and found a work around?
Shylock_7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after a lot of trial and error it’s still a no go for me running with SLI and my cdu. I’m at a loss. Can’t find anything on the net either. What are the display settings you guys use in Nvidia control panel for the cdu and your main monitor???
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually plug in the CDU and then you hve 2 monitors. Flightsim on one and the other for the CDU. The resolution is either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

If you are running multiple FS displays are you trying to add a 4th monitor?
Shylock_7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply Steve. I’m only running my main monitor and the CDU on my top 1080ti. I matched the refresh rate to both 75 and still huge FPS loss when undocking the PMDG 737 CDU and dragging it down to my FDS CDU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: